Cub Cadet 1250 problems

/ Cub Cadet 1250 problems #21  
So your problems began with a blown head gasket. How did the valves look? K models known to have exhaust valve sticking problems ( closest to front of tractor) You may want to pull head and check valves for sticking.
Have you adjusted the valves? I will PM you again with a service manual. Explains how to adjust them.

/ Cub Cadet 1250 problems #22  
My PM to you should give you everything you need to get it running. It is the best I can do for you without seeing the engine. Good Luck and keep me posted.
DAVE

/ Cub Cadet 1250 problems
Thank you so much for your help!

My grandfather and I checked the flywheel this past summer and he said it was good, and he has a lot of experience with small engines. so my next step is spark plug then valves. They didn't seem to be sticking when I had the head off but its been awhile since I did that. So if the spark plug dosen't do it I'll be pulling the head.
After that maybe I'll do the flywheel again just to make sure.

I'll make sure to keep you posted, and thanks for the help.
Sawyer

/ Cub Cadet 1250 problems #24  
Remember it will be the flywheel KEY, not the flywheel. While everything is apart; check all wires for being brittle, cracked or worn and being able to touch ground.

/ Cub Cadet 1250 problems #25  
WOW, I thought my problems were complicated. If I ever go:eek:t to camo man's point in this thing I would have given up moons ago.

I am very impressed with all of your knowledge of this stuff. If you ever want to know more about say ......... sports, wine or other usless knowledge give me a shout!

Good luck Sawyer.

Dupa

/ Cub Cadet 1250 problems
Well I got it running again. I ended up pulling the head before I got a spark plug just because, and I made sure the valves were clean. Then I got the spark plug and, after alot of fiddling around with the carb I got it started!

I'll need to get a rebuild kit for the carb as its leaking from the bowl but thats no big deal. Its Alive! It backfires a little when I push the throttle up to about half so I'm gonna have to make some adjustments. But all in all I'm happy

/ Cub Cadet 1250 problems #27  
If you have patience with these older Cubs, you can usually get them going. Sometimes, people throw in the towel too soon and let them sit up neglected. Great to hear that you got yours running.