Tractor
    Kubota BX23, Cub Cadet 129

Default Cub cadet 129 hydro tranny slipping

My old workhorse is getting tired. My yard is mostly flat, but when going up a slight grade or in sharp turns, the tractor slows to almost a stop. I have to move the lever to get it to pick up speed again. I have tightend up the drag on the directional control lever, so it is not drift in the lever, and the engine does not seem to bog down at all. The reservoir is full of hydro oil. Any ideas on where to look? My local dealer gave me some nonsense story I am not even going to justify by repeating. The fluid is fresh and clean, the filter was regularly changed.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 129

Default Re: Cub cadet 129 hydro tranny slipping

I wish someone would reply to you man....My 129 is slowing down a ton!! Not even on hills...just in general. I have to move my lever almost all the way up just to get it to go. Then it only goes about half speed when I have it opened all the way up. Did you get any responses anywhere else that may help us??
    J

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

I had the same problem on mine and it was in the drag of the directional control lever I had to remove the friction clamp make it so that it would clamp a little tighter on the shaft. It could be in the HST linkage it would not take much slop to cause an issue like this.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Cub 1210

If the pump is getting tired you could be getting a lot of leakage past the pistons in the pump. I'd drain the trans, replace the new filter and fill it with Shell Rotella T 15-40. also check the cooling make sure the pump is clean and that the fan is good. They don't like heat.

Elite Member

First thing to examine is the hydro trunion assembly on the side of the hydro. There's a slotted gizmo that wears. Usual repair found here: Trunion Repair Part 1