Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK
Sorry to cause a stir. Wrote letter out of anger and frusration. I have to agree to a point w/ alot of you that it was Kholer's problem. I talked to a guy at Kholer & he passed it off to Cub Cadet. . I asked for a new engine from the day it left this last time. Over one month ago_One thing there was never any gas or oil that killed the grass it was from the heat from the engine
I did however receive a call this morning from Cub Cadet saying the engine was finally going to be replaced. I also will get in writing that if these problems happen again we will receive a new mower.
The man at Cub Cadet that I dealt with was wonderful. It was a shame that he didn't insist that I should go against Kholer. Because I definately would have. But I also believe Cub Cadet should stand behind this because they chose to put Kholer engines in their machines!
Kudos to Cub Cadet for making me eat my words for saying they don't stand behind their product, in my case they have SO FAR.

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #13  
The end result will be Kohler. When Cadet buys as many engines as they do your problem will be brought up when they hit the negotiation table next year.

Dealers do have a better handle on it then many of the designated repair centers as far as getting things done. We had some problems with another popular brand a while back, unit was still under the hours but they said it was to many in one year and they wouldn't cover it. I called and talked to the same indivivdual and told him I was canceling all mower orders with their engines on them and slammed the phone. Five minutes later the call from them was to fix them properly!

I hate to do the same job twice, we do make mistakes, three times never! It's out of here!

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #14  
I'm glad Cub Cadet is going to make it good for you. That goes along with my Cub Cadet experience--if you talk to the right person at Cub Cadet they'll take care of you as long as you're reasonable. I hope they live up to their word and restore your faith in Cub Cadet, because they do build some really good machines. And like everyone else, sometimes a lemon slips through.

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #15  
1*Not exactly so.
There is quite a difference between their low end Box Store product and their high end stuff
just like there is with JD.

"1*Not exactly so. "

MTD is MTD, and it's all junk.

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #16  
You could lump all JDs together and consider them junk too if you want, since the L series is on par with the low end Cub Cadets, Husqvarnas, and other box store mowers. Most of us distinguish between the mass market box store mowers and a mfg's high end machines. The Cub Cadet 3000 series is hardly junk, and even the 2500 series are well built from quality components--just not as well thought out as I think they should be at the price. That's my only real qualm with the dealer only Cub Cadet models--they just don't seem to be *quite* as well thought out as JD & Simplicity (can't speak for Kubota GT's since I've never run one).

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #17  
1*I agree it's mostly a Kohler problem,
2*BUT JD and CC choose to put them in their equipment. 3*Even though it's an "entry level" product, it should not have continuous problems considering the fact you can buy a craftsman (or any other wal-mart type brand) for half the price.
4* it should not have continuous problems considering the fact you can buy a craftsman (or any other wal-mart type brand) for half the price.
1*Yes correct.
2*True and as such their first priorty should be cuustomer satisifaction and then their relation ship with the engine manufacturer.
3*Certainly true.
4* A craftsman (or any other wal-mart type brand) should not have continuous problems even considering the fact you can buy a craftsman (or any other wal-mart type brand) for half the price.

1*I did however receive a call this morning from Cub Cadet saying the engine was finally going to be replaced. I also will get in writing that if these problems happen again we will receive a new mower.
The man at Cub Cadet that I dealt with was wonderful. It was a shame that he didn't insist that I should go against Kholer. Because I definately would have. But I also believe Cub Cadet should stand behind this because they chose to put Kholer engines in their machines!
Kudos to Cub Cadet for making me eat my words for saying they don't stand behind their product, in my case they have SO FAR.
1*Great news.

The end result will be Kohler. When Cadet buys as many engines as they do your problem will be brought up when they hit the negotiation table next year.
Dealers do have a better handle on it than many of the designated repair centers as far as getting things done. We had some problems with another popular brand a while back, unit was still under the hours but they said it was to many in one year and they wouldn't cover it. I called and talked to the same indivivdual and told him I was canceling all mower orders with their engines on them and slammed the phone. Five minutes later the call from them was to fix them properly!
I hate to do the same job twice, we do make mistakes, 1*three times never! It's out of here!
1*After 3 tries a new engine or tractor should be an automatic given.
I'm glad Cub Cadet is going to make it good for you. That goes along with my Cub Cadet experience--if you talk to the right person at Cub Cadet they'll take care of you as long as you're reasonable. I hope they live up to their word and restore your faith in Cub Cadet, because they do build some really good machines. And like everyone else, sometimes 1*a lemon slips through.
1*I'd say that's what happened to the OP.

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #18  
;1729541 said:
"Not exactly so. "
1*MTD is MTD, and it's all junk.
This is what I believed until I discovered the truth of the matter.
You sound exactly like me before I was enlightened

1*You could lump all JDs together and consider them junk too if you want, since the L series is on par with the low end Cub Cadets, Husqvarnas, and other box store mowers.
Most of us distinguish between the mass market box store mowers and a mfg's high end machines.
2*The Cub Cadet 3000 series is hardly junk, .
3*the 2500 series are well built from quality components--just not as well thought out as I think they should be at the price.
That's my only real qualm with the dealer only Cub Cadet models--
4*they just don't seem to be *quite* as well thought out as JD & Simplicity
1* Yes you could but you'd be treating JD with the same unfairness that WH401 is treating CC.
2*You would have to go with one of JDs x 700s to get into something comparable to a CC 2500 or 3000 series.
3*I feal they are well thought out compared to the price of a JD x700 series.
4*But the amazing thing about that is they still offer more bang for the buck !

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #19  
I've seen you claim #2 many times before, and it makes it clear that you've never run a high end JD. I'm not strictly a JD man, but the 2500 series doesn't even compare to a JD 345; I can't speak for the X540 since I haven't run 1. A JD 345 & my MF, which is belt drive, have better traction in slick conditions than the CC 2554 that I had. Furthermore, neither the JD or Simplicity machines have interference issues between the hydro linkage and mower deck like the 2554 that I had. Just because it has a drive shaft doesn't make it automatically superior to all belt driven machines. I've never had a drive belt break on a high end mower of any make. I had a Cub Cadet drive shaft break in the first hr of use. This doesn't mean all driveshafts are bad, but as I see it my experience simply illustrates that CC advertising their drive shafts as superior is just that, marketing--they're neither better nor worse. It's simply a selling point; if a drive shaft was really *better* in a mid-level application then you can bet that JD and Simplicity would be putting drive shafts on their mid level machines. The 2500 series is put together with high quality components and offers tremendous bang for the buck, but sometimes if the small details aren't as well thought out as they should be, then bang for the buck is meaningless when the machine doesn't work where YOU need it to.

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #20  
We sell several brands, unfortunately they are built by people! Yes just like you and I, now I know you feel you have never made a mistake and of coarse I know anyone working with you couldn't make a mistake given the fact of your superior guidance. BUT!!!!

Truth of the matter is you can't make a mistake until you do something!

Nobody would buy the perfect machine do to it's cost!

Have you met Murphy yet?

I haven't seen a brand yet that a service rep wishes they didn't build that one!

It does get hard when you get mixed manufacturers on one machine and not calling out the name on the side, it's really the common thing to do.
It isn't to hard to fix something right the second time, you should have reduced the potential causes the first time.

It is to bad that this engine didn't get fixed right the first time. I do believe there are two issues here between the leak and heat. Bad part of it is they didn't get either right yet!