Just traded for an old 149

/ Just traded for an old 149 #1  

Donsyl

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 1811 \and a cub cadet 149
I just traded an old generator for an old 149 cub.......it smokes a little, but its a good candidate for refurbishing..........the guy said that the engine didnt run and needed a rebuild. It will need a rebuild i am sure but i put a battery from my 4 wheeler in it and she started right up. She dont run rough like he said, she just smokes a little............i think i made a good trade seeing how i never use the generator anyhow..........Do you think it was a good trade?

/ Just traded for an old 149 #2  
I think thats a good deal depending on your generator - a 5KW generator is $500 range new and a good 149 - running is worth about the same. IF your 149 has a mower deck and is not beat up then you have a nice unit with some simple refurb will be worth a lot more. Sounds like the engine does need some work but you can hone the cylinder and replace the rings, do a carb cleanup and head gasket yourself if your handy - will save osme $.

Have Fun- great find!

Carl

/ Just traded for an old 149
Hey Carl, thanks for the reply..i had a 4000 watt generator that is about 18 years old and have not used it in years. It had a small gas tank too, not one of those big tanks that sits on top of the unit..............it fired up 1st pull with fresh gas, after at least 5 years of sitting........but my son can use the 149 to mow when i mow with my other tractor ( cub cadet 1811) and we can have it done in half the time. I think i did ok............thanks ....Don