Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential???

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential??? #1  

flyweed

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT2544 & LX1050
Another question for you guys as winter quickly approaches here in Wisconsin. I have my 42 inch MTD blower attachment, again can be used on my new Cub Cadet..but one problem I had with my old MTD Yardman was that my driveway gets steep in a couple areas, and without a locking rear end, it wouldn't always make it up. Can I get a locking differential for my Cub Cadet LT1050? Or do you think that with the bigger wheels, bigger HP engine (25 hp) it will work better at pushing up hill then my old 17hp MTD Yardman?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dan

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential??? #2  
Another question for you guys as winter quickly approaches here in Wisconsin. I have my 42 inch MTD blower attachment, again can be used on my new Cub Cadet..but one problem I had with my old MTD Yardman was that my driveway gets steep in a couple areas, and without a locking rear end, it wouldn't always make it up. Can I get a locking differential for my Cub Cadet LT1050? Or do you think that with the bigger wheels, bigger HP engine (25 hp) it will work better at pushing up hill then my old 17hp MTD Yardman?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dan

If they're turf tires, as long as you go fairly slow and have some chains on it you should be fine. I do not know about a locking differential.

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential??? #3  
Unfortunately there is no way to put a differential lock into your LT1050 transmission. You'll definitely need chains for snow removal and most likely wheel or rear suitcase weights...possibly both depending on how steep your driveway is.

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential??? #4  
Unfortunately there is no way to put a differential lock into your LT1050 transmission. You'll definitely need chains for snow removal and most likely wheel or rear suitcase weights...possibly both depending on how steep your driveway is.
You need weight and chains .
With just the chains they will only lift up the rear wheels. :)

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential??? #5  
Oftten found that chains on paved driveways will give less traction! The weights are a must and the most important! Your rear end doesn't have a locker available.

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential??? #6  
I have an old Yardman Garden tracter with a 3 point hitch, hydrostatic, shaft driven 50"mower deck, PTO out the front to run my snow blower. But even with chains & weights I get stuck so easy cause I don't have a locking rear differential. I'm not sure about the model # but it looks like the model 998 but under the seat it say's 1186A US. Is there any way of putting a locking differential in ? Even if I have to use a different axle and or trans.. Any help would be greatly appreciated !! My email is thewatkinsjrclan@aol.com or just respond to this thread-thanks !
-Jim

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Locking Differential??? #7  
first off, welcome to the forum!
The "mods' will prolly be by soon and may move yer post to one that addresses yardman brand products.. also you should get more/better reponses by starting a new thread - this one's about 3 yrs old.