MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor

/ MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor #1  

Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
It is that time of year again

000_0543Small.jpg

I will be setting up my tractor this weekend but I was asked about this so I thought I would start a new thread on this.

1st thing strip the front bumper off & drop the mower deck

000_0521Small.jpg

Then mount the sub frame, this is the configuration for the 50" mower and how the drive belt sits when in place. There are more pieces that come with the kit depending on tractor & deck size

000_0522Small.jpg

The deck adjustment arm attach to the back of the sub frame & the pins on the front will attach to the stabilizer arms attached to the auger. There are also 4 vertical pins 2 on each side that go through existing holes on the tractor frame. These are a ***** to get the clevis pins through after the sub frame is in place.

000_0526Medium.jpg

000_0527Medium.jpg

Mounting the auger is pretty strait forward. Just slide it onto the pins the front bumper is mounted too. (the solid ones not the floating pins) There are 2 spring J pins just like on the mower deck that drop into the holes the floating bumper mount pins use to occupy.

000_0531Medium.jpg

The 2 stabilizer arms attach to the sub frame with clevis pins

000_0539Medium.jpg

Now just put on the drive belt for the Auger & chain up the wheels,your good to go. When you mount the auger belt it is easer with the auger lowered to the floor

xmasssnow2007010.jpg

This is my 5th season with this set up. it has the same limitations as a walk behind snow blower. Wet snow acts the same with this set up as any snow blower does. it will go through a foot of snow as fast as you can drive through it. If it starts to push snow slow down or stop and let the auger eat the snow. For me here in Massachusetts this was a great investment.

xmasssnow2007013.jpg

xmasssnow2007002.jpg

As you can see my driveway is kind of long. I have nothing but great things to say about this combination. It will also keep your lawn tractor running year round. No need to put the dreaded stabilizer in your fuel.

xmasssnow2007005.jpg

I hope this is helpful to anyone considering this set up

Charlie

Last edited:
   / MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor
The cab on this unit I bought at Lows actually. It is closed on 3 sides and you close the bonnet on the front and it is open on the back. I run my salamander into the back of it in the garage for 10 minutes or so before I go out and it has never fogged up on me. I have also only used chains on this setup. Rear wt. would certainly help but so far it has never been a problem. I have to say considering how cheep the cab was it is well worth the investment. Nothing better than a snowblower you sit & drive
Charlie

/ MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor #3  
Charlie

Nice...thanks for the write up and photos. It helps alot! Where did you get your chains. I have to order a new set for my cub 1050, as my old yardman chains don't fit. They were smaller rear tires. But my wheel weights do fit the bolt holes on the cub.

Dan

Hi Dan,
I bought my chains @ Lowes @ the time, I believe Home Depot is the current dealer for Cub - Cadet lawn tractors. I use Messick's also. You will not find Oil filters & air filters for a 1050 tractor @ these stores for this tractor. I have nothing but good things to say about there service. You can also add a link or 2 to you existing chains. It will not matter if there is a space between the cross bars.
Charlie

Messick's | Dealer for New Holland, Case IH, Kubota, Cub Cadet and More | Online Parts, Sales & Service.

/ MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor #5  
Charlie

I am getting ready to get my undercarriage (idler pulley) assembly mounted under my mower....I think my pulley wheel setup is wrong. I can't tell in your 3rd photo down...how many pulleys are there? The big one, the little outside one, and the one with the spring attached to it..is there one more in front of the one with the spring attached??? Would it be possible for you to shoot a closer image of that undercarriage pulley configuration? I can't tell as the photo is too dark.

Dan

/ MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor #6  
Also, do you have your manual for the blower??? If so, I am using the directions on Page 10 (#4 assembly) for 50 inch deck with Electric PTO. It shows just 3 pulleys for the upper v belt..the large one in the back, the smaller one with the spring attached and then the small outer pully that sits outside the frame

Oh yeah...I lucked out and I got some 20x10x8 chains at my John Deere dealer today too!!! yeehaa.

Dan

I will go out and take some pictures for you, I just pulled it out of my shed 10 minutes ago. I will have some pictures in 15 minutes.

These pictures are looking at the side that faces the bottom of the tractor. The square end is the back & the angled end faces the PTO pulley, The belt follows the pulleys as shown,
The tension pulley always rides on the flat side of the belt

snowblower0011024x768.jpg

snowblower0021024x768.jpg

These pictures are looking at the side that faces the ground. This is the side the belt to the Auger attaches too. Same rule, The tension pulley rides on the flat side of the belt. The belt
goes through the pulleys as shown.

snowblower0041024x768.jpg

snowblower0051024x768.jpg

0011024x768.jpg

Woops looks like my toes made it into the last image

Last edited:
   / MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor #8  
those are great photos, and that's exactly how I got mine setup now. I had to add the extra pulley wheel on the undercarriage, but that was easy. Now I am trying to get the blower mounted to the front of the tractor. I took the front bumper off, and the floating mowerdeck arm and the pins that hold that on...so all that's left on the front is the muffler guard, two shoulder bolts and two holes that the spring actuated support pins are SUPPOSE to go into..but the springs on those pins hit my muffler guard BEFORE the holes can line up. ??????????

Any thoughts??

Dan

Try putting the Auger on a 4X4. I use a pallet jack. I pull the spring pins & turn the just enough to sit on the auger frame. Just do one side at a time and shake it in. It will fit

/ MTD snowblower for 1000 series lawn tractor #10  
Thanks again!! I appreciate the step by step help. After this I"ll be a pro! :D

Dan