Cub Cadet 2130 Reverse Mowing

/ Cub Cadet 2130 Reverse Mowing #1  

Cub124

Silver Member
Tractor
International Cub Cadet
We just got a 2130 and i wanted to know if anybody knew how to disable the safety switch that lets you mow while in reverse. I don't want to have to turn the pto on and off every time i back up. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Cub Cadet 2130 Reverse Mowing #2  
If you do a search on here I believe this issue has been addressed before.....from what I remember I believe you have to remove the mower deck, and there's a pin underneath that has to be kept pushed in....but check the other posts. Good luck!

/ Cub Cadet 2130 Reverse Mowing
Thanks i have seen on here before how to do it. they said to disconnect the switch on the left side of the mower, but when i did that the pto would not turn on.

/ Cub Cadet 2130 Reverse Mowing #4  
Thanks i have seen on here before how to do it. they said to disconnect the switch on the left side of the mower, but when i did that the pto would not turn on.

It is probably a normally closed switch, so try connecting the the wires together where you disconnected them from the switch.

Aaron Z

I got it. Thanks for all your help guys

/ Cub Cadet 2130 Reverse Mowing #6  
I just bought a used 2135 and desperately want to disable the reverse PTO kill function, can all of you that have performed it shed a little light on the matter. Does it involve bending something or jumping two wires? Details and locations are appreciated.
Thanks

EDIT - I just found the little gray switch (TOO much dead grass in the way) that was hidden pointind downward on the left side of the mower, I popped the dash grill out and disconnected the wiring, pushed the switch through, then re-connect the switch and let it sit under the battery area, this should allow me to mow in reverse!!!

Last edited:
I never thought to just pop the switch out. I just bent the arm out of the way that pushes the switch.