question on hydro trans.

/ question on hydro trans. #1  

durand

I bought a AGS2140 used from a dealer last year - I'm proud owner of a cub cadet !! so the beginning of this wisconsin winter we put the snowblower on - got 50 feet and it 's like the transmission went into nurturl and won't go back into gear - the local dealer said it was used so they won't cover it of course - so now I went to E-bay and found hydro transmissions from a HDS2155 and a HDS2135 and was wondering if either of these would fit in my cub or which one would be the best one to put in my cub - sure would be nice to ride my caddy of the yard again - thanks in advance if anyone could help me out !!?!?!

/ question on hydro trans. #2  
i am sure that your dealer could tell you if they would fit

/ question on hydro trans. #3  
Hey Durand, better yet, go to partstree.com and make sure you know the part number to your parts you need, and look up the parts for the hydros you found......some of the serial numbers might not fit.....this site has parts and diagrams so that you can see what you got.....then if the parts match up, you can get the one from ebay.....keep us posted and good luck.....Don

/ question on hydro trans. #4  
Either one is the same hydrostatic transaxle. These will bolt on on your tractor, but probably not without modifications for linkages, driveshaft, etc. The AGS (autogear) was a somewhat rare beast that owners often mistook for being hydrostatic. Typically they would ride the go pedal and wear the clutches instead of regulating ground speed by shifting to another gear range. The foot pedal is meant to be full on/full off on the AGS.

Joel

/ question on hydro trans.
Hey Guys !! I'm back !! anyway - I was at work for the dunn county highway dept. here in wisconsin - I took care of the east end of I-94 - anyway - I was mowing the ditchline with a ford 4 w.d. with the brush hogs mowers and a semi driver fell alsleep and hit me doing 70 mph - still can't figure out why I'm still here - the good Lord has'nt told me or I'm not listening good enough - anyway I'm back in the garage with the cub cadet with the transmission problems - found one that would fit - it ran me 650 dollors from a place in south doktoa - and it has a different size shaft coming out of the hydro- so I just found one of them on tenn. - it ran me 40 to get it up here in wisconsin- should be here tomarrow or the next day - sure would be nice to get it going - at least it still has the snowblower on it !! hahaaha - take anthor pain pill and get to it tomarrow - thanks for all the help - it's awesome site on the net - thanks again - in durand wisconsin - Russ::thumbsup:

/ question on hydro trans. #6  
Wow Russ! Glad to see you're OK! In regards to your 2140, I would have tried working on that autogear trans myself, took the unit in, or last resort, replaced it with another AGS. Used properly, they've proven to be excellent transaxles. Why yours went south is a mystery at this point. I hope the AGS to hydro swap works out for you. I don't know that I've heard of anyone doing this mod.

Joel

/ question on hydro trans. #7  
Russ, glad you got out of the crash alive.......good luck with the parts and let us know how it all turns out...Don

/ question on hydro trans. #8  
Wow! Glad to hear you made it! Hope you're feeling better soon. Getting hit by a semi at 70 mph would spook me.

The AGS (autogear) was a somewhat rare beast that owners often mistook for being hydrostatic. Typically they would ride the go pedal and wear the clutches instead of regulating ground speed by shifting to another gear range. The foot pedal is meant to be full on/full off on the AGS.

Joel

Very true... the clutches go out on these... they are a servicable item and replacement is pretty straightforward. You might want to try looking at clutch replacement first since you said the tractor effectively went into neutral.

/ question on hydro trans. #10  
This was a good find by someone on another CC forum; You can get a whole remanufactured transaxle for $399. Sure beats the grand + they want for hydrostatic transaxles!

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=13-1088&catname=powerTrans

p13-1088E1.jpg