2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues

/ 2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues #1  

Bogey497

I was wondering if any one else has experienced issues with their transmissons. I was moving forward, stopped, and reversed. As I was backing up I saw a trail of hydro fluid and some metal laying on the ground. I turned the tractor off immediately. I had blown a pin thru the bottom of the transmisson housing and the hydro fluid was pouring out. I looked at the hole and there is a gear laying at the bottom of the housing. I've been informed by the cub cadet dealer that he has never seen this issue before, and that the transmission only carriers a two year warranty. I'm concerned due to spending around $10,000 on the tractor and attachments. I would like to have seen this tractor last at least 10 years with out any major issues. The tractor was purchased 12/06 and only has 100 hours on it.

/ 2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues #2  
yea at ork we have 2 3200 one is great the other is junk the older one is a 3000 series the newer a gt 3200.the 3200 is junk parts break easy deck dosnt stay up .tranny is verry jerky.and has a rough ride only 118 hrs.now the 3000 series is at 1000 hrs runs grate no problems besides leaks a little hydro once in a wile.
i have heard that mtd wont stand behind there product.we will soon find out.i belive the lower pto pully is off kilter.and is throwing belts off (only front).

/ 2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues #3  
thats a real shame to have the name of a once great company drug through the mud like that. i had a hds3185. i dont know if the tractor had been neglected by its previous owner or if it was inherant to the machine being a big money pit. i had more into the tractor in replacing parts than i had bought it for originally. cub cadet had better keep making parts for their wide frame models, because the newer stuff is just junk. i just picked up a 2072 and comparing it to the 3185, the 2072 is way more stoutly built. it may not be as comfy with the foot control hydro, but it is certainly stout.

/ 2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues #4  
Last week , I picked up a 1998 3204.... is this a good or bad year.
It seems to run very hot.
Pete

/ 2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues #5  
personally, i think the early 3000 series, even though there is no reverse mowing option, is better. theyve been cheapened up alot through the lifespan of the product. no more tail lights, no more casters for the deck, smaller tires, no grease fittings.....little cost cutting things have been done. i had a briggs vangaurd in mine and never had problems with too much heat, but you should have a command, and the story might be different.

/ 2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues #6  
Thanks for your thoughts.... it seems to be built like military specs....
heavy duty.... yes the Command 20 engine.... and I have yet to solve heat issues... cleaned shrouds and all intakes.... etc.
Will keep posted of progress.

/ 2006 gt 3200 Transmission Issues #7  
i felt that mine was built really heavy duty, but it ended up being all the little things that made me get rid of it. headlights, ignition switches, little things like that were nickle and diming me to death and i just decided it was time to cut my losses and get something else.