Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System #1  

bouncer421

Hello, I have a 1997 Cub Cadet 2185 with a model 301 48" full floating deck.
I am looking for a 2 or 3 bagger system for this tractor. I have been told Cub made a bagger system for the 42" to 46" decks and the 50" to 52"??? decks but not the 48" deck. Yet I can buy high lift blades used for a bagger system for the 48" deck along with all the others.

I have found bagger attachments that fit the 2000 series Cub tractors but does not list the 48" deck. Just the 42" to 46" and 50" decks. The 50" deck and shoot looks the same size and style as my 48" and seeing that the 42" to 46" size decks use the same bagger I am thinking the bagger for the 50" deck might work but I would hate to purchase this system to find out otherwise.

This is why I am here. Hopefully someone will know how to go about this on this site. If fabrication needs to be done to make it work this can also be handled. Thanks

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System #2  
The Cub Cadet online parts lookup lists mower decks of 44", 46" and 48" for all 2185s ever made. It also lists the same triple bagger system (109-306-100) for all of those years, but does not identify if it fits all decks. However, the parts schematic only lists one discharge chute adapter, so I think it's logical to think it fits all available decks(?). On the other hand, the 2185 Operator's Manual only lists "Bagging Blade" part numbers for the 46" deck. Have you asked your Cub dealer?

CubCadet - PARTS - Category

You may have to go with an after-market vac system like Trac-Vac. Something like their 452 or 462 would suffice, although they're probably more money than just a bagger.

Trac Vac Lawn Outdoor Vacuum, Leaf Vacuum

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System
dbear,
Thanks for the reply.

I went to the Cub Cadet site. I searched the part number you gave me and nothing came up.

Yes I have talked to a Cub dealer. They are the ones that told me Cub never made a bagger for the 48" deck, just the 46" and 50" decks and I would have to find a 46" deck and then I could install the bagger system.

They can't tell me why or what part doesn't fit, just you can't do it or it won't work. Apparently 2 inches makes all the difference?

If I had a nickel every time I made something work after being told it would not, I would be a rich man!

Does anyone have any pictures or measurements of the shoots?

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System #4  
Unfortunately, Cub did not make a bagger attachment for the 48" deck. However, the only part you would have to modify is the discharge chute adapter.....everything else will fit the tractor. Cub made 2 different size chutes, so make sure you get the right size chute to match whatever adapter you are able to modify.
Because.....you might be able to modify the 54" adapter, but it's for a 3000 series and I believe that's the bigger chute. I don't THINK you can modify the 46" adapter, as I recall it's got a large hump, as it was designed as a hi-lift deck....
Good luck!

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System #5  
...I searched the part number you gave me and nothing came up.
I did that too yesterday with similar results. My guess is that because the 109-306-100 is the entire bagger assembly, it's not listed as a "part", hence it not coming up during a search. The individual bagger parts do, but not the assembly. The chute part number for this bagger comes up as a 731-0925.

Now that I look at this again, I notice there is a "Fan Asst. Bagger" (190-292-100) listed as an attachment for the 2185. It's a triple bag but with a belt-driven fan assembly instead of a chute. Might be worth looking into.

Looking at what attachments come up for a 3185 (thought maybe there might be a chute number), it too lists a Fan Assisted Bagger, but with a different assembly number (190-345-100). However, the blower unit uses the same part numbers as what the 2185 uses, so it might just be compatable, or maybe you could make it work, with the 48" deck. Looking at the individul part numbers, it appears that the major difference between the two units is at the bag unit itself.

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System #6  
I have a 48 with triple bagger and fan assist. Deck is 317-190 deck, Bagger is 190-293-100 and fits fine. Really eats up pretty heavy debris, such as hedge trimmings and etc. Where you can see it on the top of the chute cut out about a 4 X 7 opening and cover it with clear plexiglass so you can tell if the blower quits feeding without really clogging the chute. Bag distribution is not very good. First bag always fill to top before outside bag gets any. Solution is to stop occasionally and switch bags or loads between bags. Save a lot of trouble if you cut a piece of tin and bolt or rivet it to housing walls on end of impeller or the plain plastic wall of the blower housing will disappear quickly. Otis

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System #7  
I have a 48 with triple bagger and fan assist. Deck is 317-190 deck, Bagger is 190-293-100 and fits fine. Really eats up pretty heavy debris, such as hedge trimmings and etc. Where you can see it on the top of the chute cut out about a 4 X 7 opening and cover it with clear plexiglass so you can tell if the blower quits feeding without really clogging the chute. Bag distribution is not very good. First bag always fill to top before outside bag gets any. Solution is to stop occasionally and switch bags or loads between bags. Save a lot of trouble if you cut a piece of tin and bolt or rivet it to housing walls on end of impeller or the plain plastic wall of the blower housing will disappear quickly. Otis

Did the fan assist mate right up to the 317 48" deck??

/ Cub Cadet 2185 Bagger System #8  
Did the fan assist mate right up to the 317 48" deck??

I bought the blower unit for the 293 fan assist bagger. It fits the 48" deck. Unit works great! Only thing I did was had to adapt the square shoot to the round I had.

20140611_223331.jpg