2135 mowing on hill

/ 2135 mowing on hill #1  

newcub

Hi All, I recently just purchased a used 2135 from my neighbor, I have but (2) new tires on the front, serviced it, cleaned the deck up by installing new deck roller wheels, had to have a new bracket welded on the front of the deck for the mid roller and u-bar attchement point and just performed overall maintenance on the blades, lube, etc.
My front yard is level and the mower does just fine, but my back yard is a hill, when I mow across the hill at certain points it seems as if the deck is off level from side to side, because when I turn around there a patch of higher grass. I have checked the deck for level from front to back and side to side, everythign is fine. I may be making something out of nothing, but the only thing I can think of is it is just the hill and the thickness of my grass causing this "line" line to show up.
Any thoughts/suggestions?

/ 2135 mowing on hill #2  
Maybe try adjusting the deck gauge wheels so they just hit on high spots? Are the new front tires OEM size? I know the 42" requires the smaller front tires on the 2K series because of clearance issues. The 42" is further forward on one side than it is on the other. You'd get tire rub against the deck with non OEM sized fronts during tight turns.

Joel

/ 2135 mowing on hill #3  
I don't know if this mower has the Dual Drive Belt transmission, but the same thing happened to me on my LTX1040, and what I did diagnose it was remove the battery retaining clip, remove the battery, remove the battery tray and there you go, you should see one belt going to three pulleys, and mine slipped off the tensioner pulley.

/ 2135 mowing on hill #4  
Try mowing up and down the hill instead of across.

/ 2135 mowing on hill #6  
I get those "lines" also. I think it's just the incline and nothing to worry about. Like you I thought my deck was out of level but it's right on.
I get them on the steeper areas of my lawn and nowhere else.

Michael

/ 2135 mowing on hill
Guys, thanks for the replys, regarding mowing up and down the hill, I could, but my yard is narrow and long, so it would just add more time. I replaced the front tires with the same size as were on from the factory, 15x6x6 turf saver.
i think these lines are showing up just due to the incline.
Also, I am noticing that after I park the mower in the grass after mowing to do my weedeating, a couple of days later I have dead spots in the yard, I have looked and looked, but cannot see any leaking fluids, any suggestions?

/ 2135 mowing on hill #8  
"Also, I am noticing that after I park the mower in the grass after mowing to do my weedeating, a couple of days later I have dead spots in the yard, I have looked and looked, but cannot see any leaking fluids, any suggestions?"

Those burn spots are probably from hot exhaust where you have stopped the tractor. I think the spots will grow back in a few days, otherwise might try idling down engine to let it cool down a bit before stopping..

/ 2135 mowing on hill
Thanks for the reply about the hot exhaust, i never thought about that, because if it was leaking gas, it would be killing th grass and the grass wouldn't grow back, I bet it is the exhaust, I wonder if I can adjust the muffler tube to direct it a different direction?

/ 2135 mowing on hill #10  
not sure about that - mebbe one of the other posters here can help more. All I do know is that the "larger" engines of today's L&G tractors often exhibit this prob... some of 'em have had mods made or shields attached. Might do a forum search here on grass/lawn exhaust burns to possibly pick up some addt'l info.