Cub Cadet Engine?

/ Cub Cadet Engine? #1  

BBRO8424

Anyone have experience with the "Cub Cadet" engine on the new self propelled pushmowers? I've heard good and bad also heard it was a chinese engine.

/ Cub Cadet Engine? #2  
I have an '07 CC 500SP with a Cub branded engine, supposedly made in China. I haven't been able to find any hard proof of where it's manufactured, but my dealer seems pretty sure it's from China. It sat since last August, but started up on the second pull last night with no smoke. Ran fine for the 15 minutes that I used it. Mower overall has been flawless.

/ Cub Cadet Engine? #3  
I wouldn't sweat it at all. Even Kohler sources their Courage series pushmower engines from China. I've personally had excellent luck with Chinese OPE engines. I have a 6.5hp on a ~3500watt generator that runs like a little gem. Also have a little quad for my kids that has a 110cc Honda knockoff. Overall the quad is light/junky, but the engine runs like a Swiss watch.
10929.jpg

Joel

/ Cub Cadet Engine? #4  
I wouldn't sweat it at all. Even Kohler sources their Courage series pushmower engines from China. I've personally had excellent luck with Chinese OPE engines. I have a 6.5hp on a ~3500watt generator that runs like a little gem. Also have a little quad for my kids that has a 110cc Honda knockoff. Overall the quad is light/junky, but the engine runs like a Swiss watch.
10929.jpg

Joel

True I've experienced the Chinese knock off Honda you spoke of and it runs quiet and tight like the Honda, I also have a Troy bilt tiller that has this motor and it starts first pull nearly every time. seems like a good little motor, its on it's 3rd season and i plan to have this tiller a LONG time