cub won't stay running

/ cub won't stay running #21  
hope someone can help my cub model cv730s lt1050 it won't stay running it starts right up then dies, seems to be fuel related I can squirt gas down the carb and it stays running until I stop. the gas is fresh and has new plugs a new fuel filter. thanks

Your problem sounds a lot like the problem I was having on my GT2544 a few months ago......and it turned out to be the ignition "run" position was not sending current to the carb (after fire) solenoid. A quick check to rule that out is turn your key to the "run" position......your instrument should display. If not, you're most likely not getting current to the carb (after fire) solenoid and thus fuel is being shut off. If you have a 4 position ignition with "reverse," take a look at your instrument with the key in the "reverse" position......if you have a display, you will also hear the solenoid click. Fire up your mower and immediately move your key to the "reverse" position......the mower should continue to run and not shut down.

Here's the thread I started with my problem:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/cub-cadet-l-g/336023-cub-cadet-gt2544-start-immediate.html

/ cub won't stay running #22  
I am on year 4 , for the same problem....done the following :
2 New fuel pumps
2 New carbs
2 New fuel filters
Remove and Hot water and soap wash fuel tank
New fuel line
I have seen ignition switches cause this problem in the past, will throw in New Ignition switch
Pete
Hudson Valley, N.Y

/ cub won't stay running #23  
I am on year 4 , for the same problem....done the following :
2 New fuel pumps
2 New carbs
2 New fuel filters
Remove and Hot water and soap wash fuel tank
New fuel line
I have seen ignition switches cause this problem in the past, will throw in New Ignition switch
Pete
Hudson Valley, N.Y

Pete, you may want to stop just throwing parts at the problem.

Have you done some troubleshooting the problem?

Does the engine start then stop? Or just never start?

Have you checked compression?

Richard

/ cub won't stay running #24  
Here's what I can tell you, as of today..... fuel shut off solenoid ( new ) is not working....
checked voltage to it , and there is none. Battery tests 13.5 volts....engine starts quickly, but will not run for more than 5 seconds.
Will run forever if it is fed starter fluid down carb throat while running.
My new 2 year old Cub Cadet GX 54 makes a distinct click in the solenoid , when ignition switch is turned
on to first position.Compression not checked , but engine ran well before this problem when engine quit , 20 minutes into a mow.
Tractor has never run more than 5 seconds since.
I plan to throw $ on more time for a new ignition switch, because 16 year old original switch is worn to the point, key won't stay in.

/ cub won't stay running #25  
OK, go with that. If that fails, unscrew the shut off solenoid from the carb, cut of the tip of the plunger and put it back on again, problem gone.

/ cub won't stay running #26  
OK, go with that. If that fails, unscrew the shut off solenoid from the carb, cut of the tip of the plunger and put it back on again, problem gone.
then, you discover why the shut off solenoid was used in the first place, and what happens without it!. not good!..

/ cub won't stay running #27  

I won't settle , till I see voltage at the solenoid shut off, hopefully new switch will cure that.
Will report results.
Thanks for every ones help.

/ cub won't stay running #29  
OK, I give up, what happens?

Richard

Radios may not be old enough to appreciate the fact that they were not used before what, 20 years ago? There's probably a horrific government training film somewhere on the matter. Just havin' fun Radios!

/ cub won't stay running #30  
Radios may not be old enough to appreciate the fact that they were not used before what, 20 years ago? There's probably a horrific government training film somewhere on the matter. Just havin' fun Radios!
actually, I was born 2 years before Buddy Holly died..