Replacing blades

/ Replacing blades #1  

jay317

I'm due for a blade replacement and was thinking about switching to the gator blades anybody have any experience with these blades will I notice a big difference and will these blades fit on my z-force 44

/ Replacing blades #2  
If you don't need to mulch I would say it is a big waist of money. In my opinion if you cut your grass on time there is no need to mulch...just my two cent. I am interested if that design is much if any better than the others though.

/ Replacing blades #3  
I saw those advertised..the newest ones they make are supposed to do a super job from the reviews I've read. i also have the z-44...let us know if/when you get the gators...how they perform.

/ Replacing blades #4  
I'm due for a blade replacement and was thinking about switching to the gator blades anybody have any experience with these blades will I notice a big difference and will these blades fit on my z-force 44

Just put gator blades on my exmark, can't tell any diffrence in cut or clippings . They make a lot more noise than regular blades though. I'm sure they have something that will fit,just match up the length and bolt hole size.

amaxwell

/ Replacing blades #5  
Have had Gagtor blades on my Cub for a few yrs. No noticable different in cut qlty. OEM's were high lift and Gators are not so mower is quieter now.

Only plus I've seen was the Gator's were cheaper than the OEM's from the same dealer.

/ Replacing blades #6  
I believe the Gator blds were originally designed for leaves.

/ Replacing blades #7  
I have Gator blades on my 2554 and I'm unimpressed. The edge doesn't last nearly as long as the stock Cub blades and they have very poor lift. Poor enough that they won't pick up the grass well enough to mow it properly where the wheels have already run over it. You get uneven cutting and a lawn full of stripes. The stock blades didn't have this problem.

I'm going back to stock blades next year. They have great lift, long lasting sharpness, and they're cheap.

/ Replacing blades #8  
i bought gator blades for my rear 72inch mower didnt notice any differance at all.

/ Replacing blades #9  
You will not see a difference in the cut quality of Gator Blades. One thing you WILL notice is the amount of debris blown up in front of the deck that will build 10x's faster on your deck and on you. These blades are great for mowing over leaves in the fall and winter if you dont mind blowing your mower down after ever hour or so. Also, if you dont mind eating dirt. Trust me on this, I promise anyone that pays it any attention will see what I am talking about is true.

/ Replacing blades #10  
Looks like I'll be the first here to say good things about the gators. I mulch but at times let it go a bit too long, my stock blades would cut OK but the deck built up with clippings if any moisture at all was on the grass. The gators cut just as well, do a better job of dispersing clippings so they don't build up on the deck. I haven't had them on long enough to comment on how long they stay sharp.