z-force 60 riding mower

/ z-force 60 riding mower #31  
That's what I was going to suggest. Put pressure on it with the puller and apply penitrating oil then heat around the hub. If it doesn't pop then apply more oil and let it cool then repeat the process. Antisieze is a must during re-assembly.

/ z-force 60 riding mower #32  
I finally was able to remove the hub. I put it back in the 12T hydraulic press, soaked it with Kroil Penetrating Oil, Put the pressure to it, tapped it a little with the ball peen hammer. I was about to leave it under pressure for the night when I decided to check the tension again by pumping the jack. I did not even get a fraction on the handle when it broke free with a loud pop. now it goes on and off by hand. Never had one this bad before. Not even on larger pulley's.

Thanks Bigwally for your advice.

/ z-force 60 riding mower #33  
Great to hear, thanks for the report. I have a new Cub on order and I'm half tempted to pull the hubs and crankshaft pulley in order to apply anti-seize compound before it even gets near my yard.

/ z-force 60 riding mower #34  
I have it all back together now, going to service it and run it this afternoon.
What I noticed with mine is that the shaft is tapered. once I got it loose it went on and off with ease. Whoever put it together must have been from germany, Max Torque.
Good luck on your new CC

/ z-force 60 riding mower #35  
Good plan Fellas. I'll yank the rear wheel hubs on my ZT2800's this spring and lube them up with Never-Seize. Normally I butter my toast with the stuff. I didn't think about in this case not having the need to touch them.

I'd wind-up taking a cut-off wheel to those hubs if they ever gave me that much trouble.

rpg_titan_drivesystem_l.jpg

Joel

/ z-force 60 riding mower #36  
Compared to removing drive pulleys or wheel hubs from Cub tapered shafts, I'm now thinking that the clear choice is to report the mower as stolen.

If my chainsaw needs sharpening I'll throw that into the police report as well.

/ z-force 60 riding mower #37  
LOL! Isn't that the truth. The last nightmare I had was rebuilding the deck spindles on the 38" deck for my 1979 model year Case 220. I did this last year. They may have all been original and sure acted like it. Hopefully the new owner gets another 31yrs out of them.

Joel