Cub Cadet 1440 running on 1 cyclinder HELP!

/ Cub Cadet 1440 running on 1 cyclinder HELP! #1  

cuboodle

Hello all trying to tap the knowledge of a few experts out there.
My Dad has a 1995 CC 1440 with Briggs V twin engine. Every time you turn on the PTO it looses power and bogs down. When running down hill it picks up RPM and runs "OK". Turn to come up the hill and it bogs way down. Here what I did replaced both coils TWICE, the Alternator TWICE, wire between coils TWICE, the voltage regulator, Brand new battery and new fuel pump and filter. I checked the gas cap and even tried with it off same issue.

it starts and runs OK I pull the plug wire on the right coil no arcing or spark no change in engine running, replace plug wire walk to other side pull the plug wire engine stalls great arcing between wire and plug. I switched plugs also

At my wits end please help!!!

Last edited:
   / Cub Cadet 1440 running on 1 cyclinder HELP! #2  
check it at the coil and make sure you have spark at the coil, then check the plug. sounds like your coil is working on at least one side and the alternator is working to power the coil. pull the plug wire at the coil and make sure your coil is in good working order, then work your way out.

/ Cub Cadet 1440 running on 1 cyclinder HELP! #3  
actually, if you replaced the coil, make sure you have power to that coil, and work your way in or out to figure out where your losing the connection.