Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #91  
I'm at over 140 hours over five years and (knock on wood) no major problems other than a broken return spring on one of the drive levers and I have replaced all the spindle bearings (no grease fittings) twice now (stupid deck wash feature no longer exists on mine, i plugged the holes with carriage bolts). Only changed oil once so far and it still looks very good (Kawi 22HP)

Thanks
Steve

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #92  
I just bought a Cub RZT 50 from my neighbor (original owner) with 235 hours and looking like brand new. The only thing he has ever done to it in the 5 years he has owned it was to change the oil once per year using synthetic oil. I've used it once and loved the way it handles and cuts. It has the Kawasaki, 22hp motor, really nice motor. He sharpened the blades twice per year and it due to a blade change for next season. Can't find fault with it in any way.

Anything I should be on the lookout for?

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #93  
read the manual several times if you already haven't - something new every time you go thru it :)

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #95  
The old owner fixed it by removing the original piece and flattening the part that would hold the clippings under the deck. Virtually, it is now a flat piece instead of an angled piece.

Good find. I have that same problem. i'll probably eliminate it this weekend. -kid

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #96  
I have a 2012 rtz42s. 8 hours so far belt problems, and now the steering doesn't work. any ideas

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #97  
I have a 2012 rtz42s. 8 hours so far belt problems, and now the steering doesn't work. any ideas

8 hrs? Time to talk to your dealer about getting that machine fixed under warranty.

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #98  
good time to stock blades and oil filters

we need a RZT thread

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #99  
Just thought I would jump in. I have one a RZT 50 with 3,500 hours on it now. Only issues are normal flat tires. A couple of belts and that was due to leaves backed into the deck ,2 batteries and one blade spindle. I change the blades each season. I am not very maintenance oriented either. I change the oil once a year and that's it. I did change the fuel filter once. Bought it in 2005 and just power washed it for the first time yesterday. Looked like a new mower now.

/ Cub Cadet RZT 50 - Ongoing Reviews #100  
Just thought I would jump in. I have one a RZT 50 with 3,500 hours on it now. Only issues are normal flat tires. A couple of belts and that was due to leaves backed into the deck ,2 batteries and one blade spindle. I change the blades each season. I am not very maintenance oriented either. I change the oil once a year and that's it. I did change the fuel filter once. Bought it in 2005 and just power washed it for the first time yesterday. Looked like a new mower now.

you've gotten good service from your machine. But hitting it with that power washer was a bad move, imho. those products are not designed/built to withstand corrosion from water particularly in the elect systems and will most likely give you functional problems in the not too distant future. A leaf blower, compressed air source or such is much better for routine cleaning along with a judicious use of rag, soap and bucket followed by waxing to beat the grunge.. nix on the garden hose or power washers.