Cub Cadet 2185, Help!

/ Cub Cadet 2185, Help! #1  

newcub2

Greetings,

I recently purchased a well used 2185 (hour meter was disconnected, but said 280 hours).
After changing all fluids, fuel filter, air cleaner, greasing her up and replacing some deck parts I mowed the lawn.
Next day I ran out of fuel.
I used some gas that I had laying around and the mower would not run, started up nicely but could not throttle up.
Emptied out the gas, replaced the fuel filter and filled it with new gas treated with a carb cleaner, no change.
Removed the carb, had it cleaned, new gasket etc. put it back on and while it seems somewhat better, it still refuses to throttle up, adjusting choke makes no difference.
Any ideas?

Al

/ Cub Cadet 2185, Help! #2  
who cleaned the carb and how? still sounds as if there's trash in the fuel power circuit.
Carb has to be taken apart, soaked overnite in cleaner, blown out with compressed air and a thin copper wire run thru all orifices to dislodge any trash and then blown dry with clain compressed air - then reasm with fresh gaskets etc from a carb rebuild kit.

/ Cub Cadet 2185, Help!
who cleaned the carb and how? still sounds as if there's trash in the fuel power circuit.
Carb has to be taken apart, soaked overnite in cleaner, blown out with compressed air and a thin copper wire run thru all orifices to dislodge any trash and then blown dry with clain compressed air - then reasm with fresh gaskets etc from a carb rebuild kit.

Hi,

Gave it in to my local lawn mower/tractor guy and he soaked it overnight etc.

Al

/ Cub Cadet 2185, Help! #4  
did he put a full carb rebuild kit in ?

/ Cub Cadet 2185, Help!
This is not very encouraging, the tractor guy tells me I blew a valve.
To fix or not to fix?
Unknown hours and a model 1994 with a good 48" deck.

Thanks

Al

/ Cub Cadet 2185, Help! #9  
blew a valve? what in the world does that mean? what does he want to fix it?

/ Cub Cadet 2185, Help!
blew a valve? what in the world does that mean? what does he want to fix it?
Sorry about that, actually there was a broken rocker arm.
Kohler evidently got wind of a problem with the engine design (CH18S) model year 1994 because there are no replacement rocker arms, there is a retro fit kit that contains new rocker arms, rods, etc. all for $20.00! (litigation fears?).
I'll keep you posted if that solved the problem.

Thanks

Al