/ LT1050 #1  

nh DRAGON

Gold Member
Tractor
Kabota BX2350
Just got a Lt 1050 with three bin bagger and large cart for $1,ooo!:thumbsup:
cellerholemicrobuerstcc135.jpg

/ LT1050
Mowed a lawn yesterday ( about an acre or more) and the thing did great. I looked in the manual and I have the trans that you can change the fluid so this thing is going to get a massive 100 hour service!:thumbsup::cool::cool2:
DSCN0376.jpg

/ LT1050 #3  
Nice! That thing looks new/nearly new.....!

/ LT1050
Thanks scoutcub, The guy I got it from bought it new and had it for three years. He had a small yard and there was only 83 hour on the clock! he was not very good with service besides changing oil. the deck had never been cleaned and the I don't think he owned a grease gun either. I have been tinkering with it and now it is almost perfect.:thumbsup:

/ LT1050 #5  
I've had a 1024 for 5 years now, bought it new and I have run the dog snot out of it, has 260 hours, Mows 3 acres a time and with the 50 inch deck and 24 horse B&S I can mow field grass as tall as the mower and it never misses a beat. Only problem I have had is the case have gasket started leaking at around 250 hours I pulled the engine, separated the case and installed a new gasket reinstalled the engine ,replaced the drivebelt and its good as new, Thinking of getting some gator blades for it. Little tip a service guy told me if you have the Briggs engine is don't throttle it down before shutting it off. Guess it lets the oil pressure get low and might cause a dry condition as the engine is winding down. Just so happens the whole time I've owned it I have always left it wide open when shutting down.

/ LT1050
Thanks for the input Iron, I have the Kholer command 26 v-twin. I did notice that it had a leaking head gasket on the #1 cylinder. Kholer makes a nice kit for this with a head gasket, Intake and exhaust gaskets with directions for $21.50!:thumbsup: The kit also came with new head bolts or nuts (for what ever you have.) I took the head off and checked it for being warped with a feeler gauge on a peace of panted glass. The head was alright and I got it back together and is now as good as new! I also have the serviceable transmission, So while I have the deck off this winter to get that to like new condition I will also change the trans fluid.:cool2:
DSCN0379.jpg
DSCN0378.jpg
DSCN0377.jpg

/ LT1050 #8  
Should come in really handy about couple of months. ;)