SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #1  

evan4434

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3184
I have a 1572 and was wondering how you adjust the deck (deck part number 190-374-100)?

Do I operate this like a floater deck. That is put the wheels on the deck to the desired hight, and just drop the deck down all the way until the deck wheels are touching the ground. Or do I just use the hydro lever to set the deck to the desired hight?

Also I read somewhere that this deck is a drive on deck. How do you go about this process in order to remove the deck? Before I jacked up the front-end and just took the front tires off. Do I leave the deck mounting frame underneath and just disconnect it and drive over the deck (forward or reverse?)?

A manual would be great for this deck, but it is not in the mower operator manual. I am guessing there is a separate manual just for the deck, but I can't find on on-line anywhere.

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #2  
   / SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal
Yes it does thank you very much.

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #4  
guess the wheels come off to slide the deck under?

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal
Ya there is no way to take the deck on or off without removing the front wheels. The manual just said slide the deck under LOL.

When I take it off this winter I will see if I can drive over it without breaking anything.

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #6  
Another way (if you've got the facility/eqpt) is to use an overhead chain hoist to pull the tractor front end up (may hafta take off front wheels to get needed clearance) - roll deck out or under from straight ahead... a hard smooth floor will help also..

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #7  
or what about using a cherry picker to lift up the front end? i would think taking off those front wheels would make it very hard to move.

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #8  
you don't move the tractor - you roll the mower.

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #9  
i get that, but i had a 54" deck on my 3185 and it was difficult to move with the wheels on it. this haban deck doesnt sound like something that you can just toss around with ease.

/ SGT 60 " Mower Deck Adjustment and removal #10  
point well taken, higboy... but those outer spindle shields look too flimsy to take the tractor's weight rolling over them.
Plus, if any of that deck carrier linkage catches on that heavy deck, prolly gonna be some damage. Naw, even if one hadta use a come-along or such, would rather move the deck while keepin a sharp eye on exactly what is going where. Just MHO...

My SIL had a cub tank with a fabbed 60 inch deck - he tried that driving over trick - ended up doing some serious damage to both machine and deck.