What's happening at Cub Cadet??????

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #1  

Jim_Zis

I ordered a GT3200 2 weeks ago and received a call from the dealer that Cub Cadet has ended production for the year and won't start up again untill 2011. I also was told that the 3000 series and the 2500 series will be merged. What is going on? Is diff lock and hydrolics a thing of the past with cub? If anyone can let me in on whats happening, it would be greatly appriciated as it looks like now I will be looking at John Deere. (say it ain't so)

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #2  
What happened to cub happened several years ago,[what was it,mtd or ayp,or what?],same thing that happened to troy bilt,,,there is no cub anymores,,I know,I didn't like it either,,but,,

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #3  
I know a guy who does trucking for MTD and they finish with mowers and switch over to snow blowers this time of year.

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #4  
Idle speculation on our part, but I have noticed too much unsold CC stock sitting and baking in front of big box stores. With the economy in the sewer, it seems likely that there is simply no demand for MTD to justify keeping the factories humming. Again, idle speculation. The RV industry and boat people are in the same shape, if not more so, just by observation.

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #5  
I ordered a GT3200 2 weeks ago and received a call from the dealer that Cub Cadet has ended production for the year and won't start up again untill 2011. I also was told that the 3000 series and the 2500 series will be merged. What is going on? Is diff lock and hydrolics a thing of the past with cub? If anyone can let me in on whats happening, it would be greatly appriciated as it looks like now I will be looking at John Deere. (say it ain't so)

I've never heard that before....but perhaps some of the speculation is right.
If I were the dealer, why not call around to other Cub dealers that have a 3200 sitting on their showroom floor and do an inventory transfer??
I doubt very seriously they would give up the hydraulics and diff lock, they make the 3000 series. I would speculate they are just switching model #'s or perhaps upgrading the 2500 series....
Anyways, good luck!

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #6  
Welcome to the production scheduling of today. Keep your supplies on the shelf to a minimum and only make what is basically sold. When I bought my Z-Force in April, I had to wait weeks for it to roll of the assembly line. I'm not surprised they are discontinuing the 3K series. They are awesome machines, but very few people want to buy a ~$7K garden tractor these days and I'd guess not enough were sold to justify the line. As much as I love Cub, I wouldn't spend more than maybe ~$4K max on one.

Joel

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #7  
if i were out buying a new machine, i wouldn't even look at the 3k series. i'd be jumping straight at the sc2400. its not much bigger than the 3k and is alot more machine. how much could a couple thousand effect your monthly payment? not much. if the 2500 wouldnt do the job i needed, i'd go sc all the way and skip the 3k.

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #8  
Dealers do have the in stock in many areas so it is possible to find them!

They are building the snow blowers at this time!

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet?????? #9  
Idle speculation on our part, but I have noticed too much unsold CC stock sitting and baking in front of big box stores. With the economy in the sewer, it seems likely that there is simply no demand for MTD to justify keeping the factories humming. Again, idle speculation. The RV industry and boat people are in the same shape, if not more so, just by observation.

Actually, according to my friend who hauls for MTD, business is booming. I also know a guy in the landscaping business and that it terrible for a couple of years. Connecting the dots tells me that many people fired their landscapers and rather than spending say $200 a month to get their grass cut they went and bought a tractor for $50 a month on their credit card.

/ What's happening at Cub Cadet??????
Well, my dealer called me back and said he located a GT3200 with a 50
deck. I took the plunge and picked it up today, what a machine. I just sold my 2005 GT2544 for 1700 dollars and placed it down on the new cub. The dealer charged me 6000.00 for the GT3200 and 800.00 for the 50"deck. I know its a discontinued model now but for the money, there is nothing on the market I found to match features for dollars. Its a big step up from the 2500 series. The largest reason for the upgrade was two fold, locking diff and power steering.