3000 series hydraulic valve rebuild

/ 3000 series hydraulic valve rebuild #1  

Vernonator

Bronze Member
Tractor
'04 Cub Cadet GT 3235
Has anyone done a rebuild on the deck-lift actuator on a GT3000 series Cub? Mine is leaking and the local cub dealer wants $500+ to replace it. This after I just dropped $2000 on a new transmission in the **** thing...gahhhhh. I think I will just feed it hydro fluid till the mowing season is out and try the rebuild myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ 3000 series hydraulic valve rebuild #2  
I looked up the valve on the Carter Gruenewald website Carter Gruenewald Co Inc. - Parts and its $168 plus shipping and in the service manual there's nothing hard about replacing it. Remove the fender, unhook the lines and unbolt it. The only note it has is to make sure you keep track of which brackets go where and to replace the o-rings on the tube lines.

/ 3000 series hydraulic valve rebuild #3  
i was going to replace mine, but never did. seemed kind of pointless to me to keep throwing more money at the thing. on point though, i went through this with my dealer, none of these parts are serviceable, only replaceable. it doesnt look like a big job, and if you already replaced the tranny, you might as well replace the valve, because you'll lose your #ss if you try and dump it.

/ 3000 series hydraulic valve rebuild
I looked up the valve on the Carter Gruenewald website Carter Gruenewald Co Inc. - Parts and its $168 plus shipping and in the service manual there's nothing hard about replacing it. Remove the fender, unhook the lines and unbolt it. The only note it has is to make sure you keep track of which brackets go where and to replace the o-rings on the tube lines.

Found a link on another forum - these valves have all of tow o-rings to replace and they are good to go. Why in the world is Cub telling dealers to replace the whole assembly? Oh wait I know....so they can charge us $170 for a new valve....gah....