My new toy

/ My new toy #1  

Daniel G

Picked up today. Had lawn tractors for 30 years...now my first zero turn....now to learn how to use it!!

169ol78.jpg

/ My new toy #2  
congrats, hope you like it.

/ My new toy #3  
Congrats on your new investment.:)
Don't forget stop for lunch and gas. ;)

/ My new toy #4  
That's true Dan. The other day I fired up my old Case 220 w/38" deck to mow for a bit. Holy aggravating Batman! Once you go ZTR for mowing, it's tough to go back. Lap bars do have their disadvantages- for me anyway; My hands/arms sometimes numb up. Gotta shake it off. Also, when you go to slap that !@#$ horse fly that's biting you in the forehead, you're either going to whip yourself into a spin, or stop normally if you remember to take your other hand off too. Same goes with waving to neighbors [insert awkward moment]. Hey.. VERY clean garage BTW!

Joel

/ My new toy #5  
Very nice unit Dan,

Getting used to a ZTR is fun - like riding a bumper car, and over time things will smooth out. I got a Ferris IS2000 this year after having Cub 1811 GT for the last 20+ yrs and in it does take some time to master the controls.

Re JT reply about the handles, I find very little input is needed when runnnig these and my handles tend to stay in position when slapping a fly/mosquito or waving to a neighbor - its the setting and tension you can make on the handles that I made seems to work well for me. THe only thing that gets me is the low hanging hemlock branches or shrubs that "grab" the handles can cause minor issues as I found.

After my first few cuts I was wishing for more lawn, as I did it in half the time as the GT.

Have fun and enjoy your new toy!

/ My new toy #6  
Congratulations on a nice machine! You'll get use to it pretty quickly:thumbsup:

/ My new toy #7  
Congrats on your new ZTR. :thumbsup: wish i had one, oh well, i'll just add it to my wish list. :D:laughing:

/ My new toy #8  
You will love it. after about 15 minutes its second nature, you don't even think about turning it just happens. If I take my hands off, mine just stays where it is unless I pull it back. speaking of low branches, If they are big enough they will hit your rops and try to turn you over so watch for that at first.

Just noticed no rops. But be careful anyway.

/ My new toy #9  
Re JT reply about the handles, I find very little input is needed when runnnig these and my handles tend to stay in position when slapping a fly/mosquito or waving to a neighbor - its the setting and tension you can make on the handles that I made seems to work well for me. THe only thing that gets me is the low hanging hemlock branches or shrubs that "grab" the handles can cause minor issues as I found.

As far as I know, the only way to adjust the lap bars on the Cub so they'll stay put, would be to disconnect the gas strut/dampener to each lap bar. There's no tension adjustibility to them that I know of. It's just linkages with ball joints, with the strut that slowly brings them back to neutral if you let go of them.

Joel

/ My new toy #10  
Hi JT,

Youre right about the gas struts but as Doall says with his JD737 and with the Ferris the handles with the struts stay in the FWD position unless you pull them back. I did snug up the handle swivel points where they have locknuts to take out the free play. The reverse action is spring loaded on mine to return to neutral which I think is SOP for the ZTRs?

I got into all the adjustments when the unit wasnt tracking straight and the right side being more responsive than the left. After lots of tweaking come to find out the left hydro pump release valve was open a full turn! Problem solved but I did do a lot of tweaks only to find the real culprit - now it's running straight and fast both sides.