1864 PTO problem

/ 1864 PTO problem #1  

glenj44

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1864
Have a 1864 with electric PTO. Can't find an after market PTO to replace the one I have. Warner 8209-46. Must be a special for cub only?

Well the pto started to fade in power to the point that the blades would not engage. Tried the battery as on person suggested and while they turned on they didn't last long before it start to blow fuses.
Removed the pto and took it to a small engine repair man. Still waiting for an answer on the price of a new one.
Well my father ended up taking it apart, other that the coating around the coil was melted and black, after testing the magnet engaged.
Went and put on tractor, turned on pto and it mowed almost like it did when I first got it. (used 500+ hrs)
Did not run hot, did not shut down, when under heavier grass load engine and blades dragged a bit only to return to rpms when under light load.
Not knowing how to guage it. Do have a feeler guage don't know where to stick it to measure.
Do I need to now thats it's running?
Where can one find a replacement without spending an arm and a leg from Cub Cadet?
And why due the low battery light stay on when pto is engaged? Normal?, always has been on slightly but even brighter now that a year ago?
Any help appreciated. Will run tractor this way until the pto completely dies or I can find a new or even used one?

/ 1864 PTO problem #2  
You need a new pto clutch if the charge light is on - you are pulling too many amps, and as far as used ones check ebay - there are tons on there between $50 used to $200+ new.