Two from craigslist. Excited!

/ Two from craigslist. Excited! #1  

rocks2769

Tractor
massey fergusson 205-4
Tues I found a craigslist ad for 2 cub cadets. 1420 and a 1720. Also included was a 40 inch snow blower. Its only a single stage but I'm excited to give it a try this winter. I got both tractors and the blower for $325. I think that was a good buy.
The 1420 ran a couple weeks ago but the ignition switch fried out. The 1720 hasn't ran in a couple years. Since the brackets were already on the 1420 and it was last to run I took the switch off the 1720 for now (if anyone has one I'll buy it from you) and put it on the 1420.
After about 2 hrs of fiddling I got it to run. It runs great! :thumbsup: I now have the blower installed and the only thing left to do is figure out the bottom pulley bracket and I'm ready for the snow.
Here's a pic of the 1420 before I cleaned it up.
PS. love this forum.

Attachments

• 12-2 098.jpg
    12-2 098.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 12-2 099.jpg
    12-2 099.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 12-2 100.jpg
    12-2 100.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 12-2 101.jpg
    12-2 101.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 210
   / Two from craigslist. Excited! #2  
For $325, I'd say you got a pretty darn good deal!

Have fun in the snow!

/ Two from craigslist. Excited! #3  
Good deal indeed still doesn't top mine but definitely a steel . Where are you located?

/ Two from craigslist. Excited! #4  
You got a great deal. :thumbsup:

/ Two from craigslist. Excited! #5  
Great deal.......have fun

/ Two from craigslist. Excited!
Im in Crystal lake Il. Had some fun working on the 1420 over the weekend. I was still messing with the ignition and found a realy bad wire that needed replacing. Mistake I made was I used the plastic gas tank to hold up the hood. ( with the blower on the front it won't open fully) While testing the switch I started it half dozen times and didnt realize the tank was resting on the engine.:( yes it put a hole in it. lol. Now along with a switch I also need a tank for the 1720.
Btw. I used the tractor and blower on my drive Sunday. It works great:D

/ Two from craigslist. Excited!
Got some snow last night and the little tractor fired right up this morning and worked perfect. I must be getting old but I must say I really enjoyed getting up early today and doing the driveway.:D