Help with a 341 snowblower

/ Help with a 341 snowblower #1  

tiny1

Tractor
2005 CC GT2550
Greetings.....

I have a GT 2550 Cub with a 341 42" snowblower attachment. I need to pull the front gear box of the blower because I believe that I may have broken a key or stripped a gear becasue the front augers do not rotate.

Talking with my dealer, they stated that everything inside the tub needs to be removed but they could not remember how the impeller is attached to the gear box on the backside of the tub.

Does anyone have any insight into this or tips that may help me??

Thank you in advance.

/ Help with a 341 snowblower #2  
tiny, you can find a very good breakdown of your 341 snowblower on the internet. i just looked at it by going to my local cub cadet dealership's website. i just looked at their parts search and entered cub cadet as the brand. next i clicked on attachments which brings you to a page of different attachments. when i clicked on the one for a 341 snowblower, the first page came up as the impeller/auger/gearbox. hope this helps.

/ Help with a 341 snowblower
I have looked at the parts diagram and what I am not sure nor was the mechanic at the dealer was how the impeller 'attached' to the output shaft in the sprocket gear box. It looks like it is a splined shaft and if that is the case, then it just slids onto the shaft.

/ Help with a 341 snowblower #4  
This is probably too late to help you, but it's definitely splined. I've taken mine apart before to repaint it. It should come off without too much trouble (at least in my case it slid right off.) My guess is that it's probably a little rusted on (just apply a little force or heat it.)

/ Help with a 341 snowblower #5  
Hi, How did you make out. I am having the same problem, cant get the auger out?

/ Help with a 341 snowblower #6  
I'm going to bump this thread because I have the same 341 thrower and my auger suddenly stopped turning as well. The shaft turns behind the sprocket box but the auger doesn't turn. What did you guys find out on yours?

/ Help with a 341 snowblower #8  
rooster7 - click on ericdube's name above - send him a private msg -he may help you.