my 1811 giving me trouble

/ my 1811 giving me trouble #1  

Donsyl

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 1811 \and a cub cadet 149
Okay, I am mowing the lawn, and then the engine starts sputtering and shuts down. i have to choke it to start it and it only stays running a few seconds......then once and a while i can mow for 10 minutes and then it does it again.....do i need to clean the carb?????? maybe the tank???? thanks

/ my 1811 giving me trouble #2  
It could be a fuel problem or a ignition module going bad. Does it seem like you have to wait for it to cool down before it will start again? Have some starting fluid handy the next time it won't start and give it a spray. If it fires up on the starting fluid then I'd clean the carburetor. If it won't fire on the starting fluid then there's no spark. Could be a ignition module going bad, ignition switch or the kill wire is rubbed thru and is grounding out.

Last edited:
   / my 1811 giving me trouble #3  
Sounds like a fuel supply issue!

/ my 1811 giving me trouble
thanks guys....i thought it is fuel, but i forgot about the gas cap vent....if that isnt it, ill have to take off the carb and go thru it....thanks again

i tried loosening the gas cap and that isnt it....i tried the starting fluid and it helped a little but still gave me a lot of trouble.....Old Machinist, what wire is the kill wire and where am i gonna find it.......i think it might be that possibly seeing how sometimes it runs for 10 minutes before giving me trouble...thanks

Thanks guys, i cleaned out the carb and it seems to be running fine....Art and old Machinist thankyou for the advise....Don