Which Cub Cadet?

/ Which Cub Cadet? #1  

Dockhead

Hi folks:

I'm about to buy a new Cub Cadet tractor to use at our dacha outside Moscow, Russia. We have about a hectare (2 1/2 acres) of land with 100 meters (330 feet) of lakefront, and the primary tractor jobs will be mowing a lot of grass (most of our land is in lawns), plowing snow, and pulling boats in and out of the lake.

I have my eye on an HDS 2205 - shaft drive, Kohler Command, hydrostatic drive. Even better would be the 3235, but with the import taxes here that costs an arm and a leg and one unmentionable body part. Do you think the 2205 will do for these purposes?

/ Which Cub Cadet? #2  
You didn't say what sixze mower you were going to buy or how much time you wanted to spend so here is my little formula that I use. Width in ft times the mowing speed divided by ten for how many acres an hour. 4' times 5= 20 divied by 10=2 acres an hour.

A driveshaft will always last longer then a belt! Normally the driveshaft machine also has more weight in the rear which would be good for traction!

/ Which Cub Cadet?
I think I can only get the 50" mower here. Do you think the tractor will stand up to this kind of use? Is there a better variant?

/ Which Cub Cadet? #4  
I'd be leery on how much snow that this tractor could push with a blade, especially wet snow. A blower attachment may be the way to go.