RZT 22

/ RZT 22 #1  

Jamesin TN

Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet RZT 22
I have a Cub Cadet Rzt 22 with a 50 inch deck...Here is my problem ! While overseas the PTO went out and my wife contacted a local dealer to repair the mower.....They had it for a few weeks and after 400 bucks they said it was fixed...Two runs down the yard the Pto shut off again ! Wife called they said sorry and came and picked it up again...A couple of weeks go by and they return it saying that it was fixed and left her to it. Again she ran about two runs back and forth and it did the same thing....I had to pay someone to mow untill I came home on R&R..I could not tell that they had replaced anything but the PTO switch. I called them and let them know that the problem wasnt fixed and they sent out a guy with a smaller zero turn and offered to sell it to me/ with mine as a trade in.
I found the wires that goes to the PTO and placed a toggle switch on it...Mower blades engaged and worked fine. Went back overseas only to come home and it will not start...Battery is new and it turns over very slow..could it be a saftey switch or the solnoid..with the spark Plugs out it spins fast.. ANY :confused:IDEAS

/ RZT 22 #2  
New batteries are not necessarily fully charged. Could just need a charge or be a bum battery right out of the box.

For what ever reason I've heard of MANY an issue with the PTO switches on the RZT series.

/ RZT 22 #3  
Agree with JT... take yer battery to a shop that can LOAD test it for you. A fair number of the smaller L & G batteries are DOA. Also check all your starter circuit connections for being clean/tight - just a little corrosion can limit starting power.