Leveling the mower deck

/ Leveling the mower deck #1  

timkins

Tractor
Cub Cadet Model 2542
How often do you need to level the mower deck. I have a 2009 GT 2542 and I have releveled the deck at least 4 time this mowing season. Am I doing something wrong or is this standard? I bought the Cub Cadet Leveling gauge and I have been using it but it just seems to be a little too much to me. I mow about twice a week and I am mowing about 1 1/4 acres of hilly bumpy terrain with a lot of trees and maybe this is one of the reasons for needing to relevel.

/ Leveling the mower deck #2  
seems to be a lot of leveling. cuppla simple things that could make a difference - make sure all 4 tires are at their correct tire pressure before leveling; make sure you are on a flat level surface before using the gage; make sure the blade are turned to the correct orientation before using level instrument.

the several cubs I've had all held their original level for several seasons or more....

Last edited:
   / Leveling the mower deck #3  
I never had to adjust the leveling of my 2544 since the day it was dropped off new from the dealership in 2005. It's now all beat to he!! since I gave it to my FIL and the deck still hangs like it should. He insists on mashing the deck right to the ground when he mows. !@#$%

Joel