transmission problems rzt 50

/ transmission problems rzt 50 #1  

jhorner

Tractor
cub cadet rzt 50
Tractor had been functioning well. Cranked it up and backed out of the shed, turned to start toward the yard and the right rear wheel does not turn. The tractor will only turn a clockwise circle. I jacked up the machine, removed the right rear wheel and discovered that I can pull the axle out of the transmission assembly about 3 inches before it stops. I cannot completely remove the axle but it does come out about 3 inches.
My question is this: Should I undertake to remove the transmission, open it and repair? If so, is there a place I can find a repair manual for the Hydro transmission? Also, is it likely to be less expensive and easier to replace the transmission assembly rather than just the axle? I have seen the axle advertised for $200 and the transmission assembly for just a little more. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

/ transmission problems rzt 50 #2  
Go to turftractor.com and under the resources page they have the hydro gear manuals. They are serviceable but not really serviceable. I am currently waiting for a replacement hydro gear for my CC i1050. Not cheap either. Turftractor was the cheapest at $440.

/ transmission problems rzt 50
thank you for your reply. I am ordering from your suggested source. I have seen this unit for as much as 8 big ones. Expensive indeed. thanks again

/ transmission problems rzt 50 #4  
I know...Cub Cadet wants $977 for mine. Not sure what the local Canadian CC dealer wants but I bet you it would be $1200 and take 4 weeks to get here and then be the wrong one.