1040 Mower Deck Greasing - HELP

/ 1040 Mower Deck Greasing - HELP #1  

megaboz

Platinum Member
Tractor
'17 2032r (soon)
My mother has a LTX 1040 with the 42 inch deck, I went to grease the spindles for the blades, and I cannot find the grease fittings? According to the owners manual (that came with the tractor) I looked and there is none. Looked at the latest online manual, and there is no mention of greasing the mower deck.

Is there grease fittings on these? I have looked all over, even took the deck off and flipped it over and still could not find them.

Thanks in advance.

/ 1040 Mower Deck Greasing - HELP #2  
The 2009 model didn't have grease fittings all the newer models do. You can go to the Cub Cadet online parts look up to verify the model number that you have didn't have grease fittings.
ARIPartFinder

/ 1040 Mower Deck Greasing - HELP
I'm pretty sure it is a 2011, it was bought this Sumner. I'm just trying to confirm there isn't any. I did everything but take the deck itself apart.

/ 1040 Mower Deck Greasing - HELP #4  
There are couple of ways to verify the year. Look at the engine and there should be a build date on it or go to the link I posted above and enter the model number off the machine. Here's the diagram of the 2011 deck. Part #65 is the grease fitting on the threaded end of the spindle.
2001_deck.jpg

Sadly, I tore the whole deck apart, and there is no grease fittings.

/ 1040 Mower Deck Greasing - HELP #6  
Even thou it was bought this year it still could be a 2009 model. They sit at the dealer or store until the're sold.
Was there a problem with one of the spindles that caused you to want to grease them?

There was a problem with them, but when we got it from home depot, they said it was all maintenance and ready to go.

So my mother has been cutting her grass and one day she couldn't turn the wheels. So I went out to check it out and figured it needed greased. Well, when I started pumping grease into it, "rust dust" blew out the bottom. So much for being ready to go.

So I got concerned that the spindles where dry too. But since I can't find any grease fittings, I assume it must be a sealed unit.