Cub Cadet 2166 What is it worth?????

/ Cub Cadet 2166 What is it worth????? #1  

Leo Rabon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet GT 2000
Saw a CD 2166 today. Looks to be in A1 shape and I might be able to buy it. Don't know the hours but this machine is Clean, Clean, Clean. Does anybody know the mfg dates of the 2166 and any idea ofwhat it is worth???? I would like to get it for my son if possible but I need some help.

Thank You
Leo

/ Cub Cadet 2166 What is it worth????? #2  
I think 2003 was the last year they made it. I remember looking at one when I bought my 2518. It was the entry level model in the 2000 series. I think it was 16 hp (not sure if it was a V twin). I wanted a bigger tractor so i went with the 2500 series.
I believe they were about $3000 back then. Not knowing the hours but I would say it would be worth $800 to $1200.
I think it would be a good buy.

Let me know what happens!

Michael

/ Cub Cadet 2166 What is it worth?????
micman:
Thanks for the reply. Still working on it. By the way, do you know if the tranny fluid can be changed? Does it have a drain or an external filter??

Thanks
Leo

/ Cub Cadet 2166 What is it worth????? #4  
Yes, it does have a filter. I would say it would have a drain since there is a filter. I personally have never changed the tranny fluid. My dealer takes care of that when I get tractor serviced.

Keep Me Posted!

Michael

/ Cub Cadet 2166 What is it worth????? #5  
I would say Micman is right on with the estimate. I would offer on the low side to get a good deal on it. You didn't say how many hours?

The 2166 is a later model year, (meaning newer) sorry, don't have my Cub bible with me as I'm currently overseas. But the 2166 came after the 2165, just a newer version.
And there were 2 machines below the 2166, they made a 13 and 15 HP model, so kinda middle sized model.
Good luck let us know how ya did!

/ Cub Cadet 2166 What is it worth?????
Thanks for the replies. Still working on this. It belongs to an older couple that are downsizing their home and I am not pushing them on this. They need time to decide what they are going to do. I will let everyone know.

Leo