1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help--

/ 1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help-- #1  

Terry Stewart

Tractor
CubCadet 1864 455 john deere 1960 international lowboy 104 cub cadet
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, need help with the spacing on the center lift of
a 321 hanging frame. it fits a gt 46" mower. I have been to the Cub cadets
parts list but it does not show any spacers between the frame of the center lift. having bought the (1864) tractor used I don't know anybody local to look at the hanging frame center to take measurements to figure the spacer probelm out. The one on the unit are home made and the mower is close to the left rear wheel. thanks.

/ 1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help-- #2  
I sympathise - mine kept throwing belts just after I bought it & eventually I paid dealer to replace some parts & set it up. Does it look like this?

Attachments

• P1050443-reduced.jpg
    P1050443-reduced.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 166
   / 1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help--
Keith thanks for the reply. The mule drive is spacing is ok, it is the center lift that holds up the front of the mower deck that has the home make spacers and a piece of all thread that goes thru the center lift. I'll get the right bolt at a dealer but I don't think
they will have a hanging frame to look at because of the age of the mower.

/ 1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help-- #4  
OK, If you could send me or post a photo or sketch ow what you need to measure I will take a look in weekend or try to take picture.
Keith

Will take a picture as soon as I get time, I'm in a outage were I work , working 12 to 16 hrs per day so It might take me a little while. Thanks again Terry

Keith I took a picture of the center lift on the hanging frame. The spacer
in question is on the left side (I marked it with yellow tape and put an X
on it) this is one that I need a measurement of. On the right is a bunch of
washers thats being use as a spacer.I'm not sure but on the cub cadet parts list it showing a roll pin or a cotter key on the right side of the center lift.
Anyway if I have the lenght of the left spacer I can figure out the right side
thanks Terry

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=230989&stc=1&d=1316956463

Attachments

• kodaik camera 105.jpg
    kodaik camera 105.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 254
   / 1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help-- #7  
Throw away the washers!
I have some measurements marked on your photo (might not be too accurate as it is dark).
My camera died this weekend, but I took a couple of photos on cell-phone & will try to send them to you tomorrow.
Good luck, Keith

Attachments

• IMG-red.jpg
    IMG-red.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 139
   / 1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help-- #8  
by the way, mine does not have an actual spacer on the left side, just the split pin that you mentioned in parts list is up against the centre piece where you show spacer.

Keith thanks will tear the center lift apart tonight after work and try to set-up the
spacing with your measurements. it looks like the homemade spacers are the wrong
length someone make them out of 3/8 pipe. Will let you know how the measurements turns out.
Thanks Terry

/ 1864 hanging frame spacing-- need help-- #10  
here is photo of how mine is set up looking from right and from front. (I checked & I do have the 46" GT deck).

Attachments

• Milton-20110925-00016.jpg
    Milton-20110925-00016.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG-20110925-00020.jpg
    IMG-20110925-00020.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 128