Leaf Blowout in front of mower deck

/ Leaf Blowout in front of mower deck #1  

Leo Rabon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet GT 2000
I have a new GT2000 with 42" Deck and Bagger attachment/high lift blades. This past Saturday I ran over the yard for the first leaf pickup of the season. I noticed an awful lot of shreded leaf "blowout" in front of the deck as I was mowing. The engine compartment was covered and I know this is not good for the Kohler setup on this machine as the debris will collect under the shrouds of the engine. Anyone have any ideas for for a baffle on the deck or any other ideas?????????????????
Thanks
Leo

/ Leaf Blowout in front of mower deck #2  
From previous experience they were coming out on the right and to reduce the ground speed a little more it might get rid of the problem.

/ Leaf Blowout in front of mower deck #3  
leo i dont own a bagger,but i would just be trouble shooting with u,did u ever mow the grass wet and the all the grass clippings are now stuck up underneath your deck plugging your wind tunnel flow process which might cause whats happening.just throwing my 2 cents in,maybe theres more to it than i thought

/ Leaf Blowout in front of mower deck
leo i dont own a bagger,but i would just be trouble shooting with u,did u ever mow the grass wet and the all the grass clippings are now stuck up underneath your deck plugging your wind tunnel flow process which might cause whats happening.just throwing my 2 cents in,maybe theres more to it than i thought

Thanks for your reply Hawkeye. Under deck and bagger chute are very clean. Leo

/ Leaf Blowout in front of mower deck #5  
This is a common problem with Deere mower decks. I have an X304 connected to a power vacuum and have the same problem no matter the speed, its even worse when just using the rear bagger without the vacuum. JD does sell a baffle kit that fits on the front right lower edge of the deck, reviews are mixed, doesnt seem to do much to correct the problem. I have been very disappointed in the quality and engineering of this tractor for the money. I had a Honda tractor similar size that could run circles around my JD, it would suck up everything to the bagger, never had any blow out.

/ Leaf Blowout in front of mower deck #6  
I had a similar problem with my 2004 1018. I mitigated it by fastening a piece of semi-rigid one inch plastic tubing to the underside of the deck lip on the side where the blow-out was occurring. If you do this, be sure that it is securely bolted (use locknuts) at several points.