HELP - Cub Cadet RZT pulley removal

/ HELP - Cub Cadet RZT pulley removal #1  

JimGrey

The pulley for the right hand side blade broke on my Cub Cadet RZT today. I'm trying to get the nut off the top of the pulley but so far all it does is unscrew the nut for the blade. How do I remove the nut for the pulley?

/ HELP - Cub Cadet RZT pulley removal #2  
Without seeing, can you put the blade and nut back on and hold onto the blade somehow? The blade should be on a spline on the shaft. Forgive me in advance if I didn't understand the question.

Steve
RZT 50 owner

/ HELP - Cub Cadet RZT pulley removal #3  
I would first try running the belt around the pulley and hold it together in one hand and wrench in the other. If that doesn't work a strap wrench will. Also if you have an impact wrench it is easier. Good Luck.

/ HELP - Cub Cadet RZT pulley removal #4  
Which model of RZT do you have? Cub Cadet doesn't sell the pulley separate from the spindle assembly for the some of the RZT models. If your blades have the star hole you should be able to put the blade on and hold it from spinning with a block of wood clamped to the deck. If you have the round hole blades you'll need to use two of the blade nuts and jam them together on the blade end and hold the spindle from turning with them.

/ HELP - Cub Cadet RZT pulley removal
Today I discovered that the "teeth" that hold the blade are also messed up. I just decided to take the whole spindle off. I got it loose and I'm going to have to order the whole spindle with pulley. To answer an earlier question, I've got the 42" model of the RZT.