Sleeve Hitch for LTX 1050?

/ Sleeve Hitch for LTX 1050? #1  

Johntodd

Tractor
Cub Cadet LTX1050
Hi! I'm new here...love this forum. There seems o be a wealth of information!

I tried the search function but couldn't find exactly the answer to my question. My apologies if I missed something.

Sorry for the newb question but here it is:

I have a brand new Cub Cadet LTX1050. It is fab! But I need to put a sleeve hitch on the back of it. I have access to all kinds of carts, aerators, dethachers, tow-behind this-and-thats, all I want for free, EXCEPT I must have a sleeve hitch on the back of it. Danged if I can find one. I am totally new to this type of machinery; I think I just don't know it when I see it.

Can anyone throw me some links to manual sleeve hitches for the LTX 1050?

Many thanks!
-Johntodd

/ Sleeve Hitch for LTX 1050?
Anyone? Is there any hope at all?

/ Sleeve Hitch for LTX 1050? #3  
Whew! You're right, it ain't cheap. I'm fine with manual lift...is there one out there?

Thanks, Carl.

Thanks! I'm going to look into that one.

/ Sleeve Hitch for LTX 1050? #7  
not to diss the previous helpful post on manual sleeve hitch info, bear in mind your machine has 20 inch rear tires; the hitch is for 23 inch tires. Also, if you are going to pull anything heavier than a dethatcher, your LTX1050 is a lawn tractor not rated for ground-engaging eqpt....

This I know. But my Uncle used to be a dealer for various companies until the 90's. He sold most of his inventory but still has a back yard full of rusty stuff I can use; provided I have a sleeve hitch. It is free for me, so for the cost of a sleeve hitch I get every attachment I could possibly hitch up, including ground engaging stuff that I won't use on the 1050.

UPDATE:

Thanks to everyone for the help!

The Craftsman sleeve hitch fits the LTX 1050 like a dream with no mods needed.

Now that I can tow all these carts and other lightweight stuff, I'm learning the lesson:

Traction is more important than raw horsepower!

Thanks again!
-John

/ Sleeve Hitch for LTX 1050? #10  
Thanks for following up on the good outcome.

Maybe post a pic or three so others can reference your implementation..