LTX 1040 Mower Deck

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #1  

nazbom2

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM 2000
This is my second cub cadet and I'm not as pleasd as I was with my first as the quality seemd to be lacking. I have had a bear of a time with the mower deck on my mower, LTX 1040, and keeping the blades in time. I finally pulled the tensioner apart and found a shoulder washer on the bottom that had cracked which allowed the tensioner to flex. So basically whenever I hit a thick patch of grass or some leaves the blades would jump time and strike each other. I can;t say I'm too fond of this timed deck as I've replaced the blades several times already and this is the start of the 3rd season on the tractor. Has anyone else had any experience with the timed deck????

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck
So last night the drive belt for the mower deck started getting throw off everytime I disengaged the PTO. I put a new belt on last year so shouldn't be too bad. THis is getting really frustrating!!!

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #3  
Me too. I just signed up for this forum because I was looking for advice on an easier way to re-align my blades....again! I just bought my 3rd set of blades too. The tensioner seems to only be effective at preventing me from easily re-aligning the blades, and not keeping them in time.

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #4  
i dont have the ltx i have the lt 1040 and i have 50 hours on it over 6 years. It has sat in the barn for the past two. Every time i mow i eat a belt. Them 136inch kevlar belts are not cheap. I have rebuilt the deck, i will get some pictures for you guys. I convereted it to run on two belts and not one.

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #5  
I have an LTX1040, and it also has been nothing but a pain. I have the 42" deck WITHOUT the timed blades (they miss eachother's rotation by a fraction) and have had nothing but issues with the mechanical engagement. (no electric clutch) It also HATES fuel with ethanol in it, which forces me to buy premium fuel which is still ethanol free in this part of the world. How big is your deck with the timed blades?

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #6  
Today I had to reinforce the control lever for the mower engagement. It was actually twisting instead of engaging the deck! Next thing on the to do list is come up with a replacement for the two piece plastic bushing.

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck
SO I'm back with more issues on the mower deck. I wrote a three page letter to cub cadet in regards to the lacking quality, I was respectful but when I looked at a 2013 LTX 1040 and noted there was no timed deck I was furious, the timed deck is a total POS. I took mine apart last night and basically every component on the deck is shot, the tractor is 4 years old!!

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #8  
there was a service bulletin with regards to above timing issue,contact your dealer .i had a couple of bad issuses with this deck with my customers so i ordered a new deck (compliments of cub warrenty) and converted to staggered blade deck....if you bought from a reputable dealer they may be able to help,if you bought from the box store you got the service you paid for...lol

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #9  
I have a cub z force with a 44" deck and it to is junk and of course they all are made by MTD weather it a deer or a cub etc mine has been nothing but one problem after another now I can not keep the belt front the pto on new spendles and all thank god I also have an old old john deer 1010 industrial with a loader because after today I have worked on it for the last time I am not trading it to give someone else a problem I am going to dig a big hole with my real tractor and berry it 6 ft under cub will not get me again sorry just blowing steam and yes it going 6 ft under just my thoughts and oh ya looking for a new mower

/ LTX 1040 Mower Deck #10  
please post us a picture of you doing that ,i am sure the enviroment would LOVE to see that....lol

I have a cub z force with a 44" deck and it to is junk and of course they all are made by MTD weather it a deer or a cub etc mine has been nothing but one problem after another now I can not keep the belt front the pto on new spendles and all thank god I also have an old old john deer 1010 industrial with a loader because after today I have worked on it for the last time I am not trading it to give someone else a problem I am going to dig a big hole with my real tractor and berry it 6 ft under cub will not get me again sorry just blowing steam and yes it going 6 ft under just my thoughts and oh ya looking for a new mower