Reverse mow switch LTX 1045

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045 #1  

Jcolem55

Tractor
Cub Cadet LTX 1045
Hello , I'm new to the site . I recently purchased a new Cub Cadet LTX 1045 . Happy with the tractor thus far , other than the reverse mow thing . Having to turn the key to the reverse position then pushing a button to be able to back up with the deck engaged is something I would like to do without . Can it be bypassed and if so how ? Any help would be appreciated .

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045 #2  
If you search these forums you'll find many posts on disabling the reverse switch. Usually it's just a case of tracing the switch location under the reverse pedal and bending the switch arm so the pedal doesn't contact it.

Bob B.

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045 #3  
Not sure why it bothers you. It stays engaged until you disengage the blades. I leave mine on the entire time I mow and it's always on when I need to reverse. It will kick off sometimes if I raise up from seat which kills the PTO anyhow. At least you do not have to engage a lever to reverse. It's a safety that is pretty easy to live with.

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045
Thanks Bob . I've read a few posts on here about unhooking the switch that disables the PTO in reverse but not one that was specifically on the 1045 . I'm guessing it's similar on all the models . I'm also going to disable the switch that kills the engine when you get up off the seat as well . Thanks again this is a great forum !

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045 #5  
Not sure why it bothers you. It stays engaged until you disengage the blades. I leave mine on the entire time I mow and it's always on when I need to reverse. It will kick off sometimes if I raise up from seat which kills the PTO anyhow. At least you do not have to engage a lever to reverse. It's a safety that is pretty easy to live with.

Back in 2004 when I bought my 3235 they didn't have a reverse mow position on the switch. My 1-acre yard has many shrubs, trees, mailbox etc. that requires frequent back & forward gyrations to trim around everything. Every time I hit the reverse pedal the blade would disengage, requiring shutting off the vacuum controlled PTO switch and then turning it on again. There is a few second delay with the vacuum control making it all the more irritating.

Bob B.

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045 #6  
Bob, I can see why that would be irritating. I did the same with an old MTD that I had. Both my 2005 LTX1042 and my 2010 GT2550 had the electric PTO and key activated switch. It stays on and is not a problem. Either way I think I would keep the seat kill switch just in case something crazy happened. I have never came off the tractor when mowing, but if I did, I would prefer the blades not be moving.

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045 #7  
I have much the same problem as Jcolem55
Was there a good workaround?

I have a new 900 series cub cadet with the reverse position and light and it is driving me nuts. When the electric PTO is engaged if i hit a bump (many on my property) my tail lifts off the seat and momentarily the motor cuts out the electric PTO stops then as my a** hits the seat it engages the ignition and away we go OOPS the PTO isn't working turn it off /on back up 7- 10 feet to cut the missed section and on to the next bump. I thought this would be a easy fix; made a couple of wire jumpers NOPE bought a new switch hooked the cable to it taped the button down NOPE works for a short while then kills the PTO. Obviously I am missing something. I guess I could slow down but with 5 acres to mow I need as much speed as possible any insight as to a cure/workaround would be appreciated I really dont want to cut up the harness while it is under warranty.
Thanks for looking
WW

/ Reverse mow switch LTX 1045 #8  
?? I thought all new cubs equipped with a steering wheel (vs. lap bars) would have the reverse over-ride position on the ignition switch... feature dubbed RevTech.