My new project.

/ My new project. #1  

mowcub

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT2550
I finally found a vintage cub to restore. I always keep my eye open when driving looking behind older houses and sheds. I found this '71 model 147 just a mile from my house. It's pretty solid and very original. I have to go back to see if we can find the deck. It's supposed to be there somewhere. Also have to make an offer on a '71 Triumph TR6.

I'll be depending on folks here to help me learn some tricks for repair on these old ones. It would have made a good photo of me pulling this through the field with my Cub GT2550.

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

/ My new project. #2  
I love it... no two tires are the same! I have a couple friends with the Triumph disease!!! :laughing:

/ My new project. #3  
Also have to make an offer on a '71 Triumph TR6.

Did it once. Do yourself a favor and run away as fast as possible. I still can't say that 5-letter name of English electrical parts for fear of raising the wrath.

/ My new project.
I currently have an Austin Healey Sprite that I have owned for 29 years and a MGB GT that I restored 17 years ago, so I'm not afraid of British iron. I'm thinking the Triumph would round out my collection nicely. I'm thinking about selling the B.

thspritesmall.jpg

MGB.jpg

/ My new project. #7  
Did it once. Do yourself a favor and run away as fast as possible. I still can't say that 5-letter name of English electrical parts for fear of raising the wrath.

We KNOW why the English drink warm beer! Same manufacturer makes refrigerators! :laughing: :laughing:

Nice lookin' Cub garden tractor. Hope you find the mower deck.

/ My new project.
Just an update on my 147. I rebuilt the carb, cleaned out the fuel tank and sediment bowl. I had to fabricate new rubber mounts for the voltage regulator. Installed a new battery and she fired right up. Runs pretty good. The electric lift only moves about a 1/4" each way and stops. I need to open it up to see what the problem is. The steering has a lot of play. I can tell some of it is in the front axle pivot mounting. I have pressure washed some of the grease off the underside so I can see if there are any bad leaks. So far it looks like a keeper.

/ My new project. #9  
I have 4 or 5 old I-H Cubs that I need to sale to a good home. I have 1 1200 that I have done lots of work on and enjoy mowing or pulling things with it. It's hard to believe that little 12 HP will pull the things it will pull. I may have a 48 in deck that will fit your tractor.
Doug
You may want to look here.
Cub Cadet Garden Tractor by International Harvester Unofficial Home Page