3185 wont start

/ 3185 wont start #1  

greg1967

Tractor
3185 Cub cadet
Tractor ran great, mowed about an acre and stopped it. Went to get back on it and nothing...
I had a fuse burnt, replaced it. I had a spare relay and solenoid so I replaced them and ZIP nada... I have power all the way to the solenoid but it doesnt do anything.. Battery fully charged...
Ign switch maybe..

/ 3185 wont start #2  
are you getting 12v to sol small post when switch is turned to start? If not, trace and repair. If so, try jumping sol large term - if starter moves, bad sol. If no starter movement, either starter itself, hydrolocked engine or open in primary 12v start circuit like bad ground, broken post, etc.

BTW, That burned out fuse is a "red light" indicator of elect circuit prob - usually a short to ground someplace. If a replacement fuse of the correct rating does NOT blow, the short is of the "intermittant" variety, always tougher to chase down IMHO.

/ 3185 wont start
Thanks.
Will really jump into it today. I just had the tractor all apart fixing a hyd leak and tightening up the steering. I will keep updating..
Thanks again for the advice.
Greg

/ 3185 wont start #4  
Here's the starting circuit for the 3000 series with a Briggs engine.
3000BS_Starting.jpg

The power from the fuse goes thru the ignition switch, pto switch(pto off), brake switch(brake engaged) and then to the small terminal on the solenoid.

/ 3185 wont start
Here's the starting circuit for the 3000 series with a Briggs engine.
3000BS_Starting.jpg

The power from the fuse goes thru the ignition switch, pto switch(pto off), brake switch(brake engaged) and then to the small terminal on the solenoid.

Awesome Thanks so much..
I looked everywhere on line for a schematic....
Will keep you posted...

/ 3185 wont start
Really cant tell you what I did that made it work... Now I am noticing the starter drags so it will be replaced next time it dies. Thank god I have a parts tractor.. No waiting for parts...
Thanks