cub cadet gtx 2100

/ cub cadet gtx 2100 #1  

pittfan924

Tractor
john deere x500
I am interested in purchasing a garden tractor, I was all but sold on the John Deere x 530 but I went to see a cub cadet dealer he showed me a gtx2100, said it was similar to the deere mower, without the locking differential. Any body have any input? Thanks, I have about an acre of land and most of it is on a hill, as well I want some type of snow removal attachment.

/ cub cadet gtx 2100 #2  
So far so good! We have not had any issues with them.

/ cub cadet gtx 2100 #3  
I recently bought a GTX2000 and love it.

/ cub cadet gtx 2100
Any problems with hillsides and slipping?

/ cub cadet gtx 2100 #5  
I was about to tell you how seldom you'll use the locking diff until I saw that you mostly want it for snow removal.

Before we started plowing snow we used a blower. Because it was slower going traction became an issue on our slightly inclined driveway...even with filled tires wheel weights and chains. Well that diff lock was nice to have.

Since moving on to plowing, which is way faster and momentum is on your side. There had been no need for a diff lock and the only other optional equipment is chains.

It's not always possible to plow snow, {{{{location location}}}} so if you are forced to blow snow up hill just maybe a diff lock will will serve you well.

Probably more info than you wanted but there it is.

/ cub cadet gtx 2100
Thank you for your response, I think I am going with the deer. I appreciate the info thank you.