Cub cadet LTD 1040 won't move

/ Cub cadet LTD 1040 won't move #1  

mom24gram211

Tractor
cub cadet LTD 1040
I was mowing, both forward and reverse and my mower just stopped moving. I pushed on the gas pedal several times and I moved about an inch and now won't move at all.

/ Cub cadet LTD 1040 won't move #2  
Sounds like the Hydrostat drive belt gave up on you, My LT 1050 did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. It had 546 hours on it in a little less than 4 yrs.I have a little Amish shop about 10 miles from the house, he charged me $49.50 for the repair.

/ Cub cadet LTD 1040 won't move #3  
I was mowing, both forward and reverse and my mower just stopped moving. I pushed on the gas pedal several times and I moved about an inch and now won't move at all.

If machine is still under warranty, take back to dealer for repairs. If not, get full model # off the ID plate/sticker located in the cavity under your tilting seat. Reply here. From that, we can determine the type tranny setup you have and what troubleshooting steps best to take.

/ Cub cadet LTD 1040 won't move
I don't have it here, but it has a forward-neutral-reverse lever, not hydrostat, I'll get the number when I go to town. Thank you]

/ Cub cadet LTD 1040 won't move
Got it fixed, a wheel/pully stuck on a metal bar and had to be pushed off the bar. Thanks for your replies to my delema.

/ Cub cadet LTD 1040 won't move #6  
Tnx for the comeback - glad you found the prob. BTW, you might also want to chk related belts for any damage (cut, burned,etc.)