Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable?

/ Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable? #11  
Ya, sorry about the book & I sure hope I didnt offend anyone!? A lot of people have good points & w/ fuel costing so much, it is prob a more imp subject than I give it credit for! I just dont like the new "cookie cutter" style they've come out w/! Wish they'd go retro! I think the 982-2072's were at the pinnacle of produduction & the diesal versions 1572 & 1772 were really nice as well! They were very handsome & rugged looking at same time, then they made those ugly sloped hoods w/cyclops headlites! They were functionally just as gd, just not fun to look at!

/ Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable? #12  
Jabel, Yes the SGT's you refer are some of the nicest units made - along with the older JD 318 series - they were good machines of that era too.

Interesting is these older machines in restored condition are selling for more $ than when they were new.

Especially the Kubota diesels 1572-1772 - i have seen them in $3K range

/ Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable? #13  
Thanks Carl_NH ! You are right about the Kubota dsl models' 1572 & 1772, they are worth the most & I wld love to have one(or 2) someday myself!! You are also rght about the J/D's ! I like the 300 series alot as well as the 400 series too! I am a big fan of the 430 w/the yanmar dsl & the 400 & 420 gassers! I think they too are more handsome than their newer counterparts as they look a lot like their "big bros"! I wld love to have a whole "stable full" of older cub & j/d garden & super garden tractors someday! Certain ones dedicated to certain jobs & left set up that way, like power angle snow plowing & garden plowing ,mowing & frnt end loader! I know, now I'm really dreaming & need to wake up & snap out of it,ha-ha! I do see peoples pics w/ a few diff garden tractors though,cubs & j/d's sitten side by side!

/ Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable? #14  
The markets have changed over the years as to what sells. Many people don't need the garden tractor and since Kbota introduced the BX which came with a diesel three point hitch two ranges as well as four wheel drive and sold for LESS then the super garden tractors did, they became less of a value.

PersonLLY Mny of the twenty year old garden tractors are a better value then the new lawn tractors.

/ Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable? #15  
Art,

Agreed - the subcompacts replaced the good garden tractors, but they represent a good value vs nwe today.

You have a lot of experience in these matters, and trust everything is well with you.

Carl

/ Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable? #16  
I can only say the 2550 I have is a decent machine , required a few tweaks from new to get it right but apart from the air cleaner needing cleaning after a dusty mow no other problems have become evident.
Clean the pre filter after every mow anyway so it no big deal

/ Cub Cadet 1650 vs 2550? Which more durable? #17  
rootytoot up here the "foot tall grass" is mostly always dense with moisture so that would be very difficult for me to cut our 2550...I dunno about the 1650. Now dry stuff it'll cut down because I just recently mowed 2'+ garden trash weeds & grass before roto-tilling.

Right now I'm very pleased with my 2550 but that's after many, many mods.

My only real complaint is gas mileage, do we really need all this HP to cut grass?

My gas use with the 2550 is incredible compared to our 1440.