Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump

/ Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump #1  

The Cub

Tractor
Cub cadet 1250
What type of flow or pressure should I be getting out of the fuel pump on my kohler magnum 241 10 hp

/ Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump #2  
I'm not sure that it will do more than dabble out, in small gulps as the air pressure sucks it out. I've removed my fuel line while running at the pump and that's what I've experienced on my m18.

/ Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump #3  
I just replaced my fuel pump today on my M18 Magnum with another mechanical fuel pump (direct Kohler replacement).

The PSI of the pump will be about 2-4 PSI from the mechanical pump. You can also disconnect the pump and plug the holes in the existing one and put in a small electrical fuel pump.

Here is a site with a lot of tips on the Kohler engines and pumps and carbs.
Information about the Kohler Carburetor, Various Fuels and Fuel Systems

Here is a link to one on ebay at a decent price..

OEM Kohler Fuel Pump KIT 52-559-01S K241, K341, MV16, MV18 | eBay

They do rot out due to the ethanol in the fuel - mine was on its way out and debris and valves internal were sticking - I last replaced it in 1997 so 15 years is not bad. Now my 1811 runs great.

/ Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump #4  
That is some great info Carl_NH & nice Kubota!! My 982 was missing the fuel pump when I bght it (prev owner scavenged parts for anthr) & I saw others using an elec fuel pump & saw one for sale but wasnt sure what pressure shld be & if I wld need a regulator as elec pumps can run at a higher press than what a carb wld need! Also, the fact replacement can run high,even used, but the new one is like $130 or so! The 982 has an Onan eng that runs a "vacuum fuel pump" vs the cam-mech pump I beleive the khlr mags to use, do you have any advice for replacement? Shld I go elec? The one I saw was like $15.00 or so, but otherwise wdnt know which one to get & where but for your site links!? Thanks for the input!

/ Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump #5  
That is some great info Carl_NH & nice Kubota!! My 982 was missing the fuel pump when I bght it (prev owner scavenged parts for anthr) & I saw others using an elec fuel pump & saw one for sale but wasnt sure what pressure shld be & if I wld need a regulator as elec pumps can run at a higher press than what a carb wld need! Also, the fact replacement can run high,even used, but the new one is like $130 or so! The 982 has an Onan eng that runs a "vacuum fuel pump" vs the cam-mech pump I beleive the khlr mags to use, do you have any advice for replacement? Shld I go elec? The one I saw was like $15.00 or so, but otherwise wdnt know which one to get & where but for your site links!? Thanks for the input!

/ Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump #6  
You can use this one from Mikuni - its low $ Fuel Pump Briggs & Stratton 808656, Mikuni 808492 Honda | eBay

For electric go with a low pressure 2-3 PSI othrewise you could overpower the float seat valve in the carb. Also you might want to take the carb apart and check the float and seat - the float operates on a hinge and attached is a small pin with a pointed head with a rubber tip so when the float is up (full of fuel) it stops the flow. My M18 magnum was slightly dirty and I cleaned up with carb cleaner and reassembled and worked fine.

/ Cub cadet 1250 fuel pump #7  
Thanks, much appreciated!