Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model

/ Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model #1  

bamaman01

Tractor
cub LT1042
Need help on replacing drive belt and the routing of the belt. Has a total of 5 pulley'sfor belt to go around.
I know you experts have an easy way of doing this!
Thanks in advance:)

/ Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model #2  
get your full model # and s/n from ID plate in cavity under tilting seat. Go to this website: PDF Manual Web Archive enter those numbers and d/l the correct service manual section which will give you details on installing the belt.

/ Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model #3  
I had this same model and sold it to a co-worker before the belt needed replacing. The manual does not give instructions except to say it must replaced by the dealer. My co-worker now needs to replace the belt. Another co-worker just replaced his and said that you will have to remove the engine mount bolts to be able to slip the belt onto the engine pulley. He said the biggest challenge was getting access to the belt. He removed the fender/body panel to make it easier. He also said that one of the other online forums had some instructions. This might help you some, but I do not know much more. By the way, his belt lasted 8 years which is not bad.

/ Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model #4  
I had this same model and sold it to a co-worker before the belt needed replacing. The manual does not give instructions except to say it must replaced by the dealer.
The SERVICE manual for that machine does address changing the traction drive belt.

Attachments

• TRACTION BELT section17.pdf
    636.5 KB · Views: 849
   / Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model
Thanks for your help. Got drive belt on but got a problem which im posting.

/ Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model #7  
The SERVICE manual for that machine does address changing the traction drive belt.

Sorry, I was referring to the Owners manual. I did not have a copy of the Service manual. That's what makes these forum valuable.

/ Broke Drive belt LT 1042 2005 model #8  
Sorry, I was referring to the Owners manual. I did not have a copy of the Service manual. That's what makes these forum valuable.
sorta thought so, mowcub. but.. even that serv procedure has it's own issues, say mainly that of getting the PTO clutch & pulley off and back on - on a machine that has been drenched with garden hose or pressure washer water... rust builds up right quick. IMHO, there otta be some sort of "law" that requires any mfgr to apply anti-sieze compound on all similar assemblies.