LT2180 mower deck swap

/ LT2180 mower deck swap #1  

KBEAT

Bronze Member
I have a LT2180 with the 42" deck and I was looking to change the deck to the 48" deck from a 2165. Does anyone know if there are any issues with this ? I assume I will have to change the drive belt, but not sure if there are any other issues. Anyone out there have a PDF copy of the manual for a 48" deck ? I really like this tractor, just want a little bigger deck, I know the Vanguard 18HP will handle it fine.

/ LT2180 mower deck swap
C'mon guys, you mean no one out ther has ever done a deck swap on a 2000 series tractor ? Just want to make sure there are no issues with the PTO pulley for blade speed or anything like that. Also does anyone know if the 48" decks are suspended like the 42" or do they ride on the 4 deck rollers.

/ LT2180 mower deck swap
Thanks guys, just what I was looking for. According to the manual the 48" deck runs on it's own 4 rollers and there is an additional lift assist bar/spring assembly. I will have to look at my frame to make sure the mounting holes are there since the 48" deck was not an option on the LT2180.

Thanks again.

/ LT2180 mower deck swap
Just a follow-up. I was looking at 48" decks and they were going for about $300 out here, but that was without the assist rods/springs/bolts that I would need. These would cost about $150 extra. I found a 2185 "donor" tractor about 100 miles away, looked at it and brought it home for $400 :thumbsup:. Now I have it taken apart down to the frame after using it for a few weeks and I can't bring myself to take any parts off it for the 2180. It runs great, just had some cosmetic issues. It only has about 400 hours on it, the engine purrs like a kitten and the transmission is strong. So, now I have 2 2000 series units to replace my original LT1050, as well as my Ingersoll 4016 and the diesel Kioti CK30. My wife tells me I have issues, I don't understand what she's trying to tell me. :D I'm taking the 2185 apart to look at all the bushings and such, fix the body work, repaint, clean and having fun doing it. Nothing like going out to the barn after work with some music, a beverage of choice and a toy to play with :drink:. I'll post some pictures when i'm done, should have taken some before I started.