Changing blades

/ Changing blades #1  

PICK

Tractor
KABOTA BX2660, RTV1100, CUB CADET LTX 1042, & MTD 25 TON H/V LOG SPLITTER, HUSKY 455 RANCHER, STIHL MS290
Is there an easier way to change blades rather than taking the mower deck off?

/ Changing blades #2  
For yer ltx1042: floor jack, set of jack stands... jack up up front axle, secure with jack stands, chock rear wheels. there will be enuff room under raised mower deck to reach both spindles and change blades w/o removing deck.

/ Changing blades
THANKS A TON. THAT SURE BEATS TAKING THE DECK OFF.

/ Changing blades #4  
Buy a new tractor?

Couldn't resist......... I may actually try this idea myself now that i think about it!

/ Changing blades #5  
I think when after about 5 minutes of that torture you'll rethink that decision and take the deck off. It's so easy a caveman could do it.

/ Changing blades #6  
Use your 2660 to pick it up. I pick up my Cub Supers with my BX all the time.

/ Changing blades #7  
Use your 2660 to pick it up. I pick up my Cub Supers with my BX all the time.

I was going to say the same thing. I put a chain on the front frame bracket and pick it up almost vertical. Saves the back. Easier to power wash the deck, too. There is no fluid leakage at all with this technique, not even the battery case.

/ Changing blades #8  
I built an A frame from 4x6 legs, 4x8 beam and use a 1ton chain hoist. I can pick up either end and barely bend over to reach under the deck. Also makes it easy to clean and lube all moving parts. I use a air impact to remove and when reinstalling turn torque down so I don't over tighten.

/ Changing blades
SAM MAC-

I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. JUST WANTING SOMEONE TO CONFIRM THAT IDEA. THANKS ALOT.

/ Changing blades #10  
i use a chain hoist pull her up to a 45 degree angle and use the impact,makes a quick job out of it