RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace?

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #1  

vaance

Tractor
Cub Cadet RZT
OK- I have one front & one back tire that lose air slowly. I have to fill them every week when I cut the grass.
Should I try the Green Slime or something else?
Do they have tubes? or are they tubeless?
What have others done?

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #2  
Why not start by putting the wheel in a tub of water to try to find the leak?

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #3  
Slime them. I could not keep air in any thing on the place without. Works great.

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #4  
OK- I have one front & one back tire that lose air slowly. I have to fill them every week when I cut the grass.
Should I try the Green Slime or something else?
Do they have tubes? or are they tubeless?
What have others done?

They are tubeless.I had the same problem and put tubes in the front.The back tires are paper thin and I just plugged the holes.They still lose air occasionally.

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace?
"Why not start by putting the wheel in a tub of water to try to find the leak? "-- Mainly because I would have to pull the tires & I don't want to do that unless I have to. If there is enough positive feedback about the Green Slime, I'll just fill them with that & see how they hold up over the winter & then deal with them in the spring if I have to.
I was looking for feedback as to what others had done.
I had seen some posts about replacing the tires with the tractor type from Tractor Supply. If that will give me teh least amount of headaches ove rteh long run, I'll do it.
Thank you.
Vince D

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #6  
Vince - the real question is what is causing all the flats? do you have some type of thorn trees or bushes on your property? Best to try o clean that prob up if possible. Anyhow, the slime will work, but later will be a major mess if you hafta change out that tire for whatever - will be worse than gutting a pumpkin. A good tube usually does well or a heavier xx-ply tire will, also. Downside, the smaller L&G tires are always tuff to change out and mount. I'd still focus on getting rid of the puncture source to begin with... good luck.

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace?
No thorn trees or bushes. Just about three acres of grass & fruit trees & grapes & rasperries & black walnut trees to mow around.
I have no problem getting tubes & paying my local tire shop to install them. I just didn't know what the consensus was on the tires. If they were considered sub-standard from the start I would just get new tires. If this was a common issue, I would just see what the majority were doing & copy them.
If anyone has a line on tubes or replacement tires- post it here.
Thank you.
Vince D

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #8  
There are lots of hedge apple (osage orange) trees on our property and they have big thorns. Slime has worked very well in the riding mower tires.

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #9  
I recommend tubing all the tires.

/ RZT 50- Flat Tires- Green Slime? or replace? #10  
I've used slime...thought it worked for a while...in the end, it was more trouble and still had to replace the tire. Expense of slime when you use the amount specified on the bottle, nears replacement cost. My conclusion is if I can't plug the tire (I do take tire off and use soap solution to find the leak), then I replace it.

You, obviously, will get all sorts of opinions.