Cub Cadet lt1045 now only cranks, ran fine for 7yrs now nothing

/ Cub Cadet lt1045 now only cranks, ran fine for 7yrs now nothing #1  

buzz999999

Tractor
lt1045
My lt1045 will not start. After trying to start it and it spit just a little while in choke it now doesnt even spit. I checked gas, replaced plug, replaced oil, replaced, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel solenoid. It has spark and ive tried ether and that will let it spit but not much. I checked seat safety and have tried running with it disconnected....I am stumped...can anyone offer a suggestion?

/ Cub Cadet lt1045 now only cranks, ran fine for 7yrs now nothing #2  
You say it has spark, but I'm not convinced.

Changing oil, filters,etc on a rig that won't start is hunting.

Squirt fuel down the intake (I assume it's gas if you mention spark) crank without choke and wide open throttle until it starts or clears (should be flooded)

I would check your ignition wiring...

Good luck, I've been here many times

/ Cub Cadet lt1045 now only cranks, ran fine for 7yrs now nothing #3  
What type of engine does it have and how old is the engine? BTW, welcome to TBN. You might want to move this question to the Cub Cadet and LAwn and Garden forums.

/ Cub Cadet lt1045 now only cranks, ran fine for 7yrs now nothing
Full throttle and no choke till it clears...Ill do that. Ive tried that but will try again. I saw on another thread that pin could be sheared on flywheel to offset timing....ill check that...If that doesn't work what is the best way to check ignition wiring, it looks good but i know looks can be deceiving.

Its a 20hp Kohler Courage engine. About 7 years old with about 150 hours on it.

/ Cub Cadet lt1045 now only cranks, ran fine for 7yrs now nothing #6  
buzz999999 said:
Its a 20hp Kohler Courage engine. About 7 years old with about 150 hours on it.

No spark or weak spark since it slightly sputtered using starting fluid, I'd suggest looking at your magneto timing. I had a riding mower my son left outside and it quit running. Wouldn't hit a lick. I checked out the ignition circuit and the magneto had rusted up thus changing the air gap which is about the thickness of a piece of paper. Sanded down the pieces to clean off any rust and it fired right up.

Thank you...I found the problem, it was a sheared keyway in the flywheel... apparently due to a recall where there was not enough torque put on flywheel bolt...in fact the bolt just spun off with my fingers. Apparently i am getting air in my system because its reving at low rpm and I was told that is due to air. I think i might have assemble the fuel solenoid to loosely.

/ Cub Cadet lt1045 now only cranks, ran fine for 7yrs now nothing #8  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet L&G forum.